PDA

View Full Version : powder coating a logo onto the a arms??

ballzdeep38
12-26-2009, 02:50 PM
i know i saw a pic or two the other day of a set of black a arms with Laegers in orange the was powder coated on. i have been searching for this image and cant find it now. can anyone point me in the right direction? sorry if this is in the wrong place but i was almost positive it was in the 250R section. Thanks.

mfr422
12-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Ballzdeep,
they were a set of mini long travel arms, I looked in the mini and drr section and couldn't find it either. thread may have been deleted due to advertising rules. I know it can be done because I just bought a set of houser lt's for my R and they have the name in white on the lower arms. Roost on!

croat1
12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
ballzdeep38: i also inquired about the powdercoated laegers name powdercoated name in the arms.it was either in the 250r or the mini sites. i posted a reply. now nothing . i guess advertising rules ended the discussion. well........can site sponsors do it. can always call up drr

312R1
12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
It can be done..this swingarm is done like it..Really trick.

ballzdeep38
12-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I agree, Very triclk. I want to ask my PC shop if they can do it. if anyone else has a pic of something like this post them up please.

danhung11
12-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Majority of Houser Racing suspension components have this type of coating plus a clear coat. I would think they have like a magnet cut out, because masking it everytime would be a nightmare.

If you have ever seen or have performed the powdercoat process, you know what I mean.

Dan

born2ride14
12-27-2009, 04:21 PM
you can pc any logo as long as it is an outline

redracing88
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
why dont you ask pappy on here he is the powdercoating king. if he doesnt know nobody does

troybilt
12-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
Majority of Houser Racing suspension components have this type of coating plus a clear coat. I would think they have like a magnet cut out, because masking it everytime would be a nightmare.

If you have ever seen or have performed the powdercoat process, you know what I mean.

Dan

You are 100% correct, Houser even mentions it on the website that the graphics are covered by a clear powder.

I would think they use a high temp graphic that will handle the 390 deg oven. IDK though

pimpt250r
12-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by redracing88
why dont you ask pappy on here he is the powdercoating king. if he doesnt know nobody does

LOL --pappy doesnt do this, this is something for the custom coater
you need a vinyl cutter and vinyl that can take the heat for the curing of the clear(trade secret)

the ad was deleted for advertising (pappy pays for his advertising on here)
and hes is not the only 1 who can shoot powder -he is just the only 1 on here who can advertise it !