PDA

View Full Version : C-dale mapping and programer help.

roostin_dale
01-20-2003, 09:33 AM
I am looking at a guys cannondale and he said it has 3 mappings and a programer. He is asking $5,500 and he said if he takes 2 mappings and the programer out then he would take $4,800. I dont have a clue what the mapping and programer does! Could someone tell me what the mapping does? And do i even need the programer?

Thanks..

wyndzer
01-20-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure what he's talking about, but you buy the mapping software and cable for $300. The maps are free, you can download them, or I can e-mail you any you want. If it is the map select kit that allows you to change maps on the fly from a handlebar mounted button then that is a $900 option on top of the $300 software. I'd say buy it for $4800 and if you want the software then buy it new from Optimum Power. You will only have $5100 in it then.

rider250ex
01-22-2003, 07:02 PM
i think the mapping is when you pulg the quad into like a comp. and you can have these different mapping settings which allow you to change the fuel injection settings and maby some other settings. i think that is what it is all about

Derno24
01-23-2003, 01:35 PM
I am thinking what Wynderz said is true. This is the map select kit. If it is just maint/diag software set-up it is only $300 and you can get your own maps at that point. As far as mapping stuff, all they give you is the software and cable you still need a laptop or home computer to load maps into the quad. On the basic diag/ maint you can only load maps and adjust small things you can't alter all of the settings.

MxDale71
01-23-2003, 01:46 PM
The computer is like a regular quads carburator and CDI all in one. The map is the program thats loaded into the computer that controls the amount of fuel, rev limit, and power curve, and stuff like that. The map selector thing is where you can switch to different maps on the fly w/ the push of a button. If you have that, you have 3 maps to choose from that have been loaded into the comp. That map selector switch costs around $900, and the program to load different maps into your quad costs $300.

I'm pretty sure the guy is talking about the map selector switch... if I were you, I would buy it w/ the switch. Just ask him to explain how it works, and if you don't understand it or don't really find it necassary, just say you'll go without it and buy it for $4800. Although I would still try to talk him down to $5,200 w/ the switch and $4,500 for it w/o the switch.

MSL
01-23-2003, 02:26 PM
switch to different maps on the fly w/ the push of a button. If you have that, you have 3 maps to choose from that have been loaded into the comp.

now thats impressive :cool:

Derno24
01-23-2003, 02:59 PM
The ecu on the bike will hold 3 different maps at one time. In order to access these maps you need the handlebar selector kit. Then all you have to do is push the button to access the map and instant change.

roostin_dale
01-23-2003, 03:23 PM
ok i know i made it sound confusing but i found out what it is! I am buying it with just the moto mapping in it. Thanks anyways guys!

Derno24
01-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Save the money you can usually get the dealer to install the map for you...

Ralph
01-23-2003, 04:29 PM
when u get an exhaust or you bore the cylinder oversize, or get an airfilter or watever, do u have to "remap" it?

:confused:

MxDale71
01-23-2003, 04:48 PM
No, not necessarly. If I were to buy a HMF silencer, I COULD just keep my stock Cannibal mapping and it would run good due to the fact that the C-dales automatically compensate for changes in air flow and/or increased exhaust flow. BUT to get the best performance out of the quad, it would be best to remapp for stuff like a new pipe.

Basically, the computer will automatically make small "jetting" adjustments (so to speak) and small stuff like air filters, altitude changes, and weather changes won't effect the way the C-dale runs. Bigger stuff like exhaust would work better w/ a different map if you have a speed or cannibal. The moto and Blaze on the other hand, you could switch pipes w/ those all you want and never have to do anything to the computer. Just take the silencer off, put a new one on, start her up and take off.