PDA

View Full Version : Warrenty

Martin Blair
01-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Hi, what kind of stuff will void the warrenty? my parents are still paying for the 400 and dont want to screw up the warrenty, I taalked to the guy at the dealer and he said bolt on parts like filter, jets, exhaust dont void it, but porting, boring the obvious stuff does, but what about shocks? or a ignition advace key? thanks.

DGR Designs
01-20-2003, 01:42 PM
hmmm... shocks probley not. but the advance key might since its internal. :confused: i know for sure hat shocks shouldnt harm it but the key i dont know about

Ryan
01-20-2003, 01:55 PM
Any performance parts can void the warrenty. Stuff like tires, nerfs, ect won't.

Im not to sure about the shocks either but im sure they will have something to say about that...

Martin Blair
01-20-2003, 04:00 PM
O well i will just keep the stock stuff and if it every has to go in for a wareenty repair, probably not, i can slap the stock stuff back on, hehehe.

SGA
01-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Well, you have to be careful. A pipe, jetting, ect will usually void the warranty if it is not dealer installed. Add ons such as nerfs, handle bars should not.
Actually. its best, if you want to use the warranty, to not do any mods until the time is up. Call the dealer and ask for yourself, what will and what will not void the warranty. Better yet, get it in writing.