PDA

View Full Version : 86 lt250r in need of work

fmftrx300ex
12-26-2009, 08:26 AM
hello everyone im new to this particular fourm after having no sucsessin other fourms in regards to my lt250r. i picked it up for 150 bucks in a running but pretty beat state. sinse striping it to the frame iv found a load of issuse that need to be adressed my number one right now is the front right frame rail is bent in due to a roll over of some sort the shock and a arms on tht side are also pretty jacked. i would like to know wht i should do for the front end id like a wider stance and to cure any pesky handling issues so ifanyone could dirrect me on new a-arms (even if i have to do bracket relocation it would be ok)

2. my second major issue is the watter pump seal is shot and i have not been able to locate one anywhere its an 86 and almost all the parts i find are for 87 on. so any help finding that would be great

3. basic suspension upgrades id like to know if there are any parts i can just swap like front hubs from a z400 (there the same bearings and rotor size there just a standered bolt pattern and seem stronger) any axles i could just slide in? let me know thanks everyone my name is john btw

fx4pitrone
12-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi John,

Unfortunately, upgrades are MORE limited on 85-86 models. More parts are avail. for 87+.... I don't know a lot about 85-86's, but on the stock 24 spline axles, banshee hubs will bolts right up to give you more wheel options. A Z400 front master cylinder is a good upgrade for your brakes also.... not sure about arms/shocks on 85-86's, but w/ some longer arms, other stock shocks may work. An FMF is a good pipe for the 85-86 250's.....

LTandRaptorider
12-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Also for your water pump seal, many sites have an OEM parts finder. I have used Midwest Action Cycle many times with good success. I checked, they do show water pump seals for the 85-86 LT. You need the mechanical seal, oil seal and washer. They are listed in the parts diagram. But give them a call, they may sell them in a kit. You will have to be persistent with finding parts for these old quads. Do searches, check ebay, make calls. It's tough, but parts CAN be found. Check out/ join quadracer hq. That is a site for old and new QuadRacer owners. :cool:

fmftrx300ex
12-26-2009, 01:10 PM
i got a new oil seal and mechanical seal no new washer. but nbd i have machineshop acsess and deffinitly gunna look into banshee hubs thanks for being so uick anyone know anything on ruibuilding the rear shock or posible a-arms and fron suspension