PDA

View Full Version : FCI question

quadboy-55
12-26-2009, 04:51 AM
i just installed my new FCI and love it. i just got two problems. one being that the airfilter is too danm big to fit in the box, and second that its a K&N. i heard here that you can fit a TRX450R UNI filter on it, or a Sparks filter. i know the UNI is from an '06. is it a stock replacement UNI? or an aftermarket one. im also curious to know if the Sparks one is also for a Honda 450R. i'd really like to get this figured out ASAP so i can get one for my quad soon.

i really dont want to hear this and that about keeping the K&N. keep those comments to youself please.

tedwilley
12-26-2009, 09:24 PM
From what I hear, the Sparks foam filter is the best flowing filter out there.
I think the yfz450r Sparks filter fits the FCI.

cdale2002
12-26-2009, 10:03 PM
you can also use the gytr clamp on filters with the stock airbox without lossening the box to change the filter

quadboy-55
12-27-2009, 12:05 AM
the YFZ-R and YFZ filters are the exact same. i hear the honda ones fit onto the FCI though. i just dont know in particular if they are aftermarket or replacement.

and im not looking to get a GYT-R filter kit, i want to keep my FCI tube.

cdale2002
12-27-2009, 08:34 AM
you dont need to use the whole kit because the gytr filter fits on the fci intake tube, but like i said then you don't have to loosen the airbox every time you want to clean your filter. I can take a picture if you want.