PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch Internet

cmaxx
12-25-2009, 04:36 PM
well i got an ipod touch for christmas,and i cant get the internet to work on it,i have wireless at my house for the laptop but it wont work on teh ipod,what do i ah ve to do for it to work on it?please and thanks for the help.

mxtuner
12-25-2009, 05:31 PM
You prolly have to find the wifi settings on the ipod touch, and turn it on.

ridered11
12-25-2009, 05:45 PM
You probably have a secure network for you house, you'll have to find the code for it. Once you put that in the ipod will remember it forever and you can use it whenever you are in range of the signal. I never had to change any settings with my network or ipod, I just had to put in the code.

Kickstarts-suck
12-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I got my GF a Zune HD and it ask me what the wireless password is.

Shouldnt Ipods and zunes run on Wifi?

JIM GRACE
12-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Dumb question but did you click on safari icon??

I did not find it right away either.lol

XCRacer236
12-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
I got my GF a Zune HD and it ask me what the wireless password is.

Shouldnt Ipods and zunes run on Wifi?

they do, which is why its asking you for that password. its asking you for the password for the device to access the signal. it does this so your neighbors cant steal your internet.

as for OP, go to settings then Wifi or Wireless settings. forget what the exact terminology is.

Kickstarts-suck
12-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
they do, which is why its asking you for that password. its asking you for the password for the device to access the signal. it does this so your neighbors cant steal your internet.

as for OP, go to settings then Wifi or Wireless settings. forget what the exact terminology is.

But She lives pretty far away from me so she cant use my wireless.

XCRacer236
12-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
But She lives pretty far away from me so she cant use my wireless.

then she has to use internet around her.

ridered11
12-26-2009, 08:08 AM
^Yeah, the itouch only picks up wifi signals like a wireless computer would. Its not like the iphone where you pay a monthly bill to have wireless satellite internet access anywhere your phone has signal. I love mine though, definitely helps pass time in class.

TGW_400ex
12-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Go to settings on the main screen and make sure wifi is turned on. Below that it will show you if its finding any networks.

woodsracer144
12-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
^Yeah, the itouch only picks up wifi signals like a wireless computer would. Its not like the iphone where you pay a monthly bill to have wireless satellite internet access anywhere your phone has signal. I love mine though, definitely helps pass time in class.

agreed! holy man... you dont know how many times im bored off my *** and i have to go on that and hit im Exriders for a few mins.

good thing my teachers like me!