PDA

View Full Version : a arm bushings

siggy konowaluk
12-25-2009, 02:27 PM
where is a good place to get ne a arm bushings and what not. i looked on rocky mountain but it was $85 for some pivot works kit and it said the kit will only replace the top 2 a arms.

steve181
12-25-2009, 02:34 PM
yah thats about right

i would rather pay $20 more and make sure there good, then have them for a week and have to replace them

-steve

siggy konowaluk
12-25-2009, 06:16 PM
so would i have to find a different kit for the other half of the a arms? cuz it said it will only replace the top 2

quad2xtreme
12-26-2009, 01:48 PM
If you are talking about the stock a-arms, it is a major pain to replace the bearings. It is nearly impossible to dig the c-clips out so you can tap/press the bearing out.

I used to replace the a-arms from Honda because they were reasonably priced. Anymore, I think I will opt to get the sport series from Houser so I can easily replace parts.

Before you order the bearings, just try getting the old one out first. You will need a dental type pick...at least this is what I found that worked best.

siggy konowaluk
12-26-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah i know what u mean, i have an extra set of a arms that i can get bushings out of but i didnt want to cuz its so hard. i was working on them for so long and only managed to replace 1 upper a arm. i might wait and just get new a arms instead.

quad2xtreme
12-26-2009, 06:01 PM
If you mount the a-arms in a vice so you have both hands free, you can get the clip out with 2 dental picks.

The upper and lower bearings are the same.

good luck

siggy konowaluk
12-26-2009, 06:27 PM
ok thanks for the advice