PDA

View Full Version : Any one else in the same boat?

backwoodsracer
12-25-2009, 12:27 PM
2 years ago I sold my built warrior in stock trim so I could pay some things of and found a great deal on a yz125 still ridin everyday spending my last dollar on gas or a chain. Now it's all gone it kills me to think about racing I havent even gone on craigslist. Every chance I get I dog it on the grizzly, or im ridding my buddies yz250f, But in this economy there's not much i can do. How's the economy afected everyone else's riding?

rodeo#11
12-25-2009, 12:30 PM
sold the quad to pay off some bills and have gas money to get back and forth from work... now im left quadless.

SRH
12-25-2009, 01:13 PM
its unfortunate because it affects everyone, hopefully the generations causing it and living in it learn from the mistakes we made ourselves and better prepare next time

Ruby Soho
12-25-2009, 01:47 PM
i kick myself in the nuts everytime i get rid of my bikes.

i got rid of my quad to get my first truck. but i had my pitbike which i got quite into. i sold that to lift my old truck. after getting rid of the last thing i had to ride i went nuts. so i bought an RM250 dying to ride again. raced alittle with it and then it sat. i didn't put any time on it.. now i just sold that to pay for my new truck and im dying to ride again.

i need to stop selling my stuff!:p

MAaudioX10
12-25-2009, 02:01 PM
I will NEVER sell my quad or, go quadless to pay bills or, some other chit.

I will lose my house, truck, or car before I give up my quad. Quad is paid for and, is the only thing I can say is.

That being said, this year I actually made more money then any previous year. I work for a chevrolet dealer and, the last 3 months have been wicked busy and, is in contention for the #1 spot in the country for car sales.

mineralgrey01gt
12-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
I will NEVER sell my quad or, go quadless to pay bills or, some other chit.

I will lose my house, truck, or car before I give up my quad. Quad is paid for and, is the only thing I can say is.

That being said, this year I actually made more money then any previous year. I work for a chevrolet dealer and, the last 3 months have been wicked busy and, is in contention for the #1 spot in the country for car sales.

when it comes down to it that quad would be out the door in a heartbeat to keep your house, vehicle, etc. That quad is not a NEED its a WANT. A necessity is a house or a vehicle to get you back and forth to work. Just because its payed for doesnt mean anything. Mine is payed for but you better believe if I get in a jam and need money its going to be the first to go. They make others, staying on your feet in rough times is more important

rodeo#11
12-25-2009, 04:13 PM
yea i said the same thing man, id keep the quad till the day i died and the be put in my grave with me. But bills came knockin on the front door and when it came down to it i figured if i paid my bills and got caught up that quads would eventually make their way back to me.. just gotta be patient i guess! but yea you do what ya gotta do to help your family.

KXRida
12-25-2009, 04:17 PM
With my job the economy doesn't affect me much at all currently, but I'm interviewing for two new positions. Going to college was the best thing I've done.

As far as bikes, I pretty much lose my *** on every bike I've owned. I buy them, put thousands of dollars in them, and sell them cheap. The only bike I actually completely get killed on was my yzf. I got a decent deal on the kxf though.

fastredrider44
12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
For me, I still have all my toys, bought another 450 in August, but really the economy is limiting how much I ride. I race as much as I always have, but I don't play ride and practice as much so I don't put the wear and tear on my bike and have to buy a whole bunch of new parts.

One_Bad_400
12-25-2009, 09:48 PM
i still have all of my toys, they just strait up dont get used, and when they do get used, its in the back yard, and when they break, they stay broken!

as of right now i have 1 450r motor blown up, 1 CRF250R motor blown up, my clutch exploded the other day in my 450r. its all broke, and going to stay broke. i have a Sparks motor collecting dust that i'm thinking about putting in to race a race next month, but i'm afraid i'm going to blow it up too. scared to touch anything

ZeroLogic
12-25-2009, 10:29 PM
I rode once this year and parked the bike. I haven't worked a full week in God, two or three months now. Sucks being a carpenter right now. Haven't worked in two weeks and its now looking so good. Time for a career change.:ermm:

KXRida
12-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
i still have all of my toys, they just strait up dont get used, and when they do get used, its in the back yard, and when they break, they stay broken!

as of right now i have 1 450r motor blown up, 1 CRF250R motor blown up, my clutch exploded the other day in my 450r. its all broke, and going to stay broke. i have a Sparks motor collecting dust that i'm thinking about putting in to race a race next month, but i'm afraid i'm going to blow it up too. scared to touch anything

sounds like you pissed off the motorsports gods or something!

mx8
12-26-2009, 01:52 AM
I was thinking about getting a new quad, but My 2003 400ex is still in good shape and payed off. So I think i'll just powder coat everything that needs painted and redo all the bearings, and make it look like a new quad. I don't ride that much anymore, because the price of everything else has gone up so much. Maybe this spring will be a little better.

mineralgrey01gt
12-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Im glad I payed so little for my 400ex. I only payed $550 for it and so far put maybe $500 back into it but the suspension will come off and go on another 250r build when the time comes. If the time comes i need to sell it i can sell it for about $1000 quickly and make money on it

400exrider69
12-26-2009, 12:37 PM
sold my truck for $2500 bought a sled and a warrior traded the sled for a 125 2 stroke and now i wanna put some money into the 2 stroke but can't sell the warrrior for the world :mad:
flat broke i paid for a meal the other day in 5$ of dimes

MAaudioX10
12-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
when it comes down to it that quad would be out the door in a heartbeat to keep your house, vehicle, etc. That quad is not a NEED its a WANT. A necessity is a house or a vehicle to get you back and forth to work. Just because its payed for doesnt mean anything. Mine is payed for but you better believe if I get in a jam and need money its going to be the first to go. They make others, staying on your feet in rough times is more important

I'm not your conventional atv guy. What you don't understand is riding isn't a hobby for me. It's my way of life.

A house is just a house and a car is just a car but, my quad is a sense of purpose. Nothing else in this world provide me with more excitement and fun than my quad.

I'd rather be in debt and, have the ability to go have the time of my life than to sit on a couch, doing nothing, with all my bills paid. I don't measure acheivement by what bills I have paid.

I've come to the realization that there is more to life than spending your life paying bills. Who'd you rather be at the end of your life? The guy that has a million and one great tales that got the most out of life or, the guy that worked 50 hours a week for there entire life just to pay a car payment?

wvspeedfreak
12-26-2009, 08:12 PM

I've come to the realization that there is more to life than spending your life paying bills. Who'd you rather be at the end of your life? The guy that has a million and one great tales that got the most out of life or, the guy that worked 50 hours a week for there entire life just to pay a car payment?

Find the balance between both those guys and you got it made :cool:

KXRida
12-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm not your conventional atv guy. What you don't understand is riding isn't a hobby for me. It's my way of life.

A house is just a house and a car is just a car but, my quad is a sense of purpose. Nothing else in this world provide me with more excitement and fun than my quad.

I'd rather be in debt and, have the ability to go have the time of my life than to sit on a couch, doing nothing, with all my bills paid. I don't measure acheivement by what bills I have paid.

If it came down to helping my family, getting a vehicle, etc the bike would be gone. It would cost me too much to go riding and keep the bike going. Gotta think you need a truck 9 times out of 10 to go riding, plus gas for the bike and truck, fees if you go to a track, the list goes on. For a local race day I usually pay around $100 when all is said and done for one day. If it's a track that's further away (budd's creek, unadilla, etc when I used to race them) I'd go out the day before, practice all day, spend the night at a hotel and race the next day. It wouldn't be unusual to spend $300+ for the weekend. See what I mean, it takes money to keep riding. I use my truck more than my bike, so if I had to catch up on payments on my f150, the new kxf would be sitting with a forsale sign on it.

D Bergstrom
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM

So basically, what you are saying is that you would rather be homeless and live on the street then sell your quad? Guess I am not really understanding what you are saying, I guess my priorites are a little different. I would rather have a roof over my head and food in my stomach then a quad in my garage. If it came down to it, I bet you would make the same decision.

Economy has not affected my riding at all, but it has affected my racing. One of my teammates could not afford to race at all next year, the other wanted to cut back. I still plan on racing next year, but will be racing smaller local races on my own.

Doug

MAaudioX10
12-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
So basically, what you are saying is that you would rather be homeless and live on the street then sell your quad? Guess I am not really understanding what you are saying, I guess my priorites are a little different. I would rather have a roof over my head and food in my stomach then a quad in my garage. If it came down to it, I bet you would make the same decision.
Doug

Your right, your not understanding what I am saying. I don't live in a house I can't afford; my wife doesn't drive a car we can't afford; I don't drive a truck I can't afford. I don't live in overabundance and, place myself in a position to where I would have to sell everything I love to save my house.

There will always be somewhere I can lay my head. If I was getting foreclosed on tomorrow, I'd have places I could go where I could say there would be a roof over my head. And, would still have my quad. However, such is not the case.

Admittedly, if such a thing happened, my riding would cease until I was back on my feet. I understand life carries certain necessities. I would consider "a roof over my head" as one however, that roof doesn't need to come with a $300,000 price tag. I don't buy a brand new truck every year and, my wife doesn't have the lastest and greatest in Cadillac's SUV line up.

Of course I know I need essentials to perform the functions of life. I own a truck to carry my quad, I work my job so I can fund my riding and, quad projects. My purpose in life is to have fun, not just to make it through it. I will have as much fun as I can within my means. Clearly, most people are having as much fun as they can, outside your means.

KXRida
12-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I agree with buying what you can afford. My thing is, I don't buy anything (bike wise) unless I have the money upfront. That is how I keep my riding in balance. Something such as a truck, most people don't pay cash for, so I obviously am financing it. I never really made extravagent purchases, but I do want to make one. I have my ranger paid off, my car paid off, bike paid in full, so if all works out I'd like to trade my 08 f150 in on a new ford Raptor.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/0802091958.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/0612092030.jpg

They both get the bikes to the track and one is paid off!!!

trick450r
12-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Im with MAaudio, My 450r was the first one to enter connecticut in very early Jan. 2004, purchased off the dealer show floor in Vegas. Since then i have almost $30k in reciepts for build after build after build. With that said I will NEVER let go of it for the $5-$6k it may be worth. I'd rather made a glass bar over it for my house or something.

sunco
12-28-2009, 08:59 AM
My quad is my sanitity. I trust in God. I hope he wants me to have a quad & have all my parts working on both :)

D Bergstrom
12-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Your right, your not understanding what I am saying. I don't live in a house I can't afford; my wife doesn't drive a car we can't afford; I don't drive a truck I can't afford. I don't live in overabundance and, place myself in a position to where I would have to sell everything I love to save my house.

I understand now, I guess I just have a different view. I also do not live beyond my means. My truck and mustang are paid off along with my wifes car. My truck is 6 years old, I would love to have a new Ford Raptor, just don't want the payment to go with it! (Even though I could afford it.)The only thing I owe money on is my mortgage and my wife's RZR-S. If for some reason I did lose my job, the quads would be gone though, I would rather get rid of them then have my house go into forclosure. Sure, I have other places I could go and live, but would not want to. (At 36 years old, the last thing I want to do is move back into my parents house or a friends house with my wife. I am done renting, never want to do that again.) Besides, if you lose a house due to forclosure, good luck on getting another one. Figure I can always get another quad, may not be able to buy a house again.

Doug