PDA

View Full Version : keihin carb identification need help

bluechevynova72
12-24-2009, 08:27 PM
ok i just bought a 87 250r with a LRD cylinder on it the carb is a PWK and the only numbers or letters on it are... PWK 9DGAA DG i know the 72R is a 39mm and the 71R is a 36 but there i no normal markings like this...anybody got any ideas on what i got here

bluechevynova72
12-24-2009, 08:28 PM
71R is a 38 sorry typo

bluechevynova72
12-25-2009, 10:52 AM
a=46mm
b=63mm
c=91mm
d=171.5mm

the dimensions of my carb are the same as the 36-39mm but the serial numbers on the side don't match with anything on any website i could find including keihin's for a 36-39mm carb clearly this carb matches the dimensions but is NOT any of those sizes so where exactly do i measure from Einstein? the inside bore of the carb maybe? well last time i checked a ruler measures in inches not mm have yet to see one that does measure im mm....then i would like to know how to get a "ruler" into the middle of my carb being that they are a foot long. if for some reason i could manage this a "ruler" only measures in 1/16th of an inch incroments and 1/16th of an inch=1.5875mm and i dont know about you but im not a ninja so maybe my eyes are not as good as yours but my eyes just arnt good enough to get a reading as exact as 1mm off something like that...........

anybody "smarter" than him got any realistic ideas...thanks and have a merry christmas :-)

250rPRIDE
12-25-2009, 12:05 PM
ya its simple!!!!!!!!!!! easiest way is to mic. it they are like 10 bucks at harbor frieght.. or take $25. and make a good investment to by a decent one they come in handy for lots..
merry christmass:D

bluechevynova72
12-25-2009, 02:26 PM
i have a mic i was just pointing out how asinine it was to say "use a ruler" how would i be able to determine 1.496 on a ruler come on man i could get close but not exact...i did not know the inside diameter was the "size" of the carb if you had just simply told me that it was instead of being a smart *** i would of just measured it with my mic, but in a round about way i got the answer i was looking for its a 38mm wooo hoo thanks for the help

86 Quad R
12-25-2009, 04:49 PM
for what it is worth...... the proper location to measure the carb is in the center, where the needle orfic is. not at the mouth of the small (exit) side of the carb. it can be done by either using a "mechanics rule or a set of T bore measurer. :cool:

1promodfan
12-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Glad that you got it all figured out. I ain't sure what angle 8686 was going for. This is a forum to HELP people, not to make them feel like a retard. Just my 2cents........

12-25-2009, 06:54 PM
My bad, guess those posts weren't too helpful. So the carb is a PWK. Is it an AirStryker version? That might narrow it down a bit as to which model it is. Did you get a measurement of some sort with the mic? If you measure the I.D. of the intake side of the carb (the smaller side) it should get you close. Tell us what you find out.

Sorry about being an *** earlier.

Edit: never mind. I just saw you figured out it was a 38. Lol.