PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a gun

RedRider08450r
12-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Just moved out of my parents house and now I can get my first gun. Ive always had bb guns and always shot my buddies rifles, shot guns and whatever else they have. Along with being in the Air Force and being a master marksman. Im a really good shot but have never owned a gun of my own. Im thinking of a remington 870 or a mossberg 500. I will probably hunt deer, pheasent, and turkey. I really dont want something that kicks like a mule. But I wanna be able to put some kind of scope on. If though about maybe a browning. Can somebody shoot me in a direction. I know I love guns and Im not worried about the investment but Im not sure how much ill hunt with it. Alot of it might be trap shooting. Well thanks for your time hope I get some good feed back.

ZeroLogic
12-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Rem M-700 in 308.
Kimber if you got the money.

Personally I never cared for the A bolts.

I have a M 700 sps in .223 shootin 56 grain Hornady. All day long I can shoot within a 1 1/2 square at 200 yards.

I use a Kimber M84 for deer, its not a target rifle but at 100 yards All the shots will be touching. I use 168 Hornady heads, I think A Max.