PDA

View Full Version : Little bog question

rigger
12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I think I have asked about this before but never really got a good answer so I am going to make a new little list of the symptom and how it is built.

Motor runs great every where but at idle or just off idle, if you chop the throttle to it kind of hard, she will choke down or maybe shut down. If you just roll the throttle on like you would when you are riding, it has no problem at all.

Here is the motor set up.
86 motor with log rod crank and new style piston. Bored about 50 over. Stock head and cylinder. 195psi.
It has had a good bit of port work done but I do not know for what. I assume more of a mid range set up due to the way it runs.
FMF pipe and DG silencer. 36mm PJ carb. New Boyseen reeds. Opened up air box and UNI filter.

Now here is one thing that may or may not make it run like it does. It has had a new sleeve put in it at some point. Only the exhaust and intake ports were cut to match the port work. The side ports were not and so there is some overlap at that point.

I am wondering if that may be causing the little bit of a bog right off of idle.

Everything else seems to be about right. I am sure I could play a little more with jetting but it seems to be pretty close now.

Any body have any thoughts on it? It really is not a big deal because it really is not a problem when I ride it. It is more of a "I would just like to know why" kind of thing.

cdrookie
12-24-2009, 11:25 AM
sounds like your air bleed screw is plugged or needs adjusted

rigger
12-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Are you talking about the mixture screw or do you mean something else?

cdrookie
12-24-2009, 12:16 PM
the little screw on the side of the carb. it controls idle and a little past, till the pilot jet takes over. could also be a small pilot jet but the air screw is easier to check first.

rigger
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I have played with all of that a good bit. I know I still have a little fine tunning to do with jetting but I am pretty close with it now.