PDA

View Full Version : downloading music, what program?

fasterblaster09
12-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Well I have a netbook (Toshiba NB205), and I don't know too much about computers. I was wondering what is a good program to download music with. Something free and won't make my computer slow as heck. any input would be great. thanks, neil

12-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Frostwire

deathman53
12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I use torrents, utorrent is one such program. It can find anything you want, as long as somebody puts it up and seeds it. For sure, if you get a p2p program(frostwire, limewire, napster, etc) get peer guardian, it will block any ip's from possible harmful people and agencies who will turn you in for piracy. I am amazed at the huge list of blocked ip's everyday.

400exrider69
12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm kinda behind on some coumpter stuff is what your talking about so you can download and put on like itunes i've spent like $50 putting songs on my iphone

fastredrider44
12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Make sure that you have up to date virus protection for any song downloading you do for free.:grr:

fasterblaster09
12-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I have microsoft security essential, supposedly its the best thing for windows 7. is peer guardian a virus protection and is it expensive?

Ruby Soho
12-24-2009, 07:13 AM
i dont use programs.

search what u want on google, and afterwords put mediafire or megaupload

for example

led zeppelin physical graffiti mediafire

see if an actual mediafire.com link comes up and if so your golden.

400exrider707
12-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm with deathman53,

Utorrents. You'll get an entire album in the time it takes you to get a single song on limewire/frostwire or any of that stuff.

ryan243
12-24-2009, 02:52 PM
i like bittorrent more than utorrent but its just personal preference

deathman53
12-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I didn't think there was a difference between bit and U torrent. either way, use peer guardian to keep those whom you don't want to access your computer and know that you are downloading things.

Sjorge450R
12-24-2009, 07:14 PM
utorrent allows you to select what files from the torrent that you want to download. i am almost 100% sure that with bittorrent and most of the other clients, that when you download a torrent, they automatically download all of the containing files.

deathman53
12-24-2009, 07:34 PM
OK, I'll stick with utorrent. I don't download all the files in torrents at times.

j_cyrus3
12-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
OK, I'll stick with utorrent. I don't download all the files in torrents at times.

Utorrent, what.cd, torrentleech.org

if you can get on those 2 sites, you'll have access to all the movies and music you want, and no virus' to worry about.

snacob14
12-26-2009, 09:11 PM
is utorrent a safe site from viruses and spyware?

beaker1214
12-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
utorrent allows you to select what files from the torrent that you want to download. i am almost 100% sure that with bittorrent and most of the other clients, that when you download a torrent, they automatically download all of the containing files.

Actually no bittorrent will allow you to select the files you want to download and you dont have to do the whole torrent. Heres a better idea though....use ITUNES and buy your music.....I used to do a bunch of downloading but its not worth the risk anymore...yeah you can use encrypted traffic and everything else to try and cover your tracks but it is still possible to be tracked if someone was that interested.

fasterblaster09
12-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I downloaded utorrent the other day, and I still can't figure out how to download anything on it?!? I will just delete it and go through itunes. itunes charges .99?

beaker1214
12-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Well most songs are...they got lame and started charging 1.29 on some of the more popular songs. But alot of the times you can buy full cds on there alot cheaper then in stores and also I got the new nitro circus dvd for 8 bucks on there. Its def more expensive then downloading for free obviously but then again your not stealing from someone else...and right now the economy needs all the help it can get...If I really like a band I would rather support them so they continue making music then to take money away from them (even though some of them have way to much as it is)...

deathman53
12-27-2009, 04:54 PM
speaking of downloading dvd's in Itunes, there is one problem. It is only in the Itunes format, so can only be used in your Ipod or computer(s). I wish they could allow you to burn it to a true dvd and play it on your Tv. I have some things through Itunes, hardly, if ever watch them, only can do it on the computer or Ipod.

beaker1214
12-27-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah that is what the trade off is of paying less for the movie...there are ways to do it but I usually would rather just pay for the DVD instead of messing with trying to burn the DVD but the directions to do it are below incase you want to try....http://www.dvd-tool.com/burn-itunes-video-to-dvd.html