PDA

View Full Version : Air box question

RedRider08450r
12-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Im putting my stock exaust back on my 450r. I have a pro design air filter kit on my trx with a outwears cover. Id like to put the air box lid back on. But cant put the stick air filter back on because of the adapter. Would it be easier to leave the filter alone and jet it for it. Or just put the lid back on. I mean it should take to much more will it?

Ruf Racing
12-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Why are you un-modding? Going back to stock. :confused:

RedRider08450r
12-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah its my girlfriends quad now. And shes not really into the power or sound. She says shed rather have it slower and quiet. I tried to get her to let me buy a more quiet pipe but she doesnt wanna blow the money. We tried that quiet core insert and it didnt work at all. So back to stock it is. Im just trying to figure out what to do to make it reliable and easier to start for her.

wykyd450R
12-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Go ahead and leave the filter alone, and just replace lid. Maybe just go up 1 or 2 sizes from stock jetting on the main, since the filter may flow just a little better than stock.

fastredrider44
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I had a friend run his bike with stock pipe and UNI filter with an HRC lid. It was jetted a bit richer, but ran great even with stock pipe.