PDA

View Full Version : rear shock link question

siggy konowaluk
12-23-2009, 01:38 PM
if i flip the shock link under the shock to make my rear end lower will everything still work the way its supposed to? will it be bad for it? thanks for the help!

siggy konowaluk
12-23-2009, 02:07 PM
anyone?

gtt416ex
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
are you talking about taking the billet piece(dogbone) that bolts to the swingarm and bolt it to the frame?

siggy konowaluk
12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
the piece that bults fron the frame to the shock to the swing arm. its all one bar.

gtt416ex
12-23-2009, 03:12 PM
there's two pieces to the linkage.

just turn the linkage around backwards, and bolt the piece that goes to the swingarm to the frame, and vice versa. It'll lower the ride height by about an inch but it won't ride any different. I did this before i got my XC link

extremetrucker
12-23-2009, 08:21 PM
i used to run mine like that with no negative results, it moves the shock mounting point further back thus stiffening it some (barely noticeable) and by doing this will also shorten your travel( fraction of a fraction of an inch, again not noticeable) i say try it, its free, if you dont like it, turn it back around, but it wont hurt anything.

siggy konowaluk
12-23-2009, 08:49 PM
ok thanks guys. I wanted to try it but I wanted to see if it would still function properly. I'll give it a go when I get home from vacation!

fishnfergie
12-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Is the picture how it is stock or how it is after flipping. I am trying to figure out if this is already done on my quad.

siggy konowaluk
12-24-2009, 12:29 PM
if yours looks like this on your quad it has already been flipped around to be lower.

siggy konowaluk
12-24-2009, 12:38 PM
wait no im sorry.. if it looks like that its stock still. you have to make sure that the bolt were you connect the shock to is on the bottom and not the top

fishnfergie
12-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Now Im confused in the reply gtt416ex made with the picture it says to bolt the side that goes to the swing arm to the frame and the part that goes to the frame to the swinger.

Which would make the bolts stay on the same side.

So are you saying you just turn it over so the bolts are on the bottom? and do not turn it end for end?

siggy konowaluk
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
no u do. just look at the bolt for the shock.. if u look u will notice that its sitting closer to the top of the linkage arm than the bottom. all u have to do is really just flip the whole thing upside own. this will make the shock bolt closer to the bottom and put it back on. hope that helps.