PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do this?

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I know you guys can annialate quads and vehicles pretty good i've seen the pics lol but did anyone ever manage doing this to a snowboard?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/DSCN2168.jpg

gcart2
12-22-2009, 10:50 PM
wow i could only imagine where your face ended up.

walk away? fill us in.

im a southern boy. i love snow. damn good skier. spent a few days boarding. once i finally picked it up we had to rock n roll back down south. cant wait to do it again here soon.

KXRida
12-23-2009, 04:59 AM
I took my buddy's winterstick off of a track and broke the front of the board pretty similar to that. Not to mention blew the front part of the binding off. Yah it wasn't pretty.

What bindings you running? I like them. I always used Ride's or K2's. I had a set of Ride's on my neversummer and it was a sweet setup. Probably my favorite board, but I really like the new K2 cinch bindings. Not overly priced either. I ran a set of Plasma's on my K2. They were so so. Not the best, not the worst. Pretty cheap too. Only paid I think $100 for them on closeout.

jesseweaver
12-23-2009, 05:49 AM
yea somehow i did walk away, i was hitting this handrail all day it was probably 3 feet off the ground and downhill pretty hard and you had to jump onto it and all day i was jumping on from the side and not always getting the whole way down and i decided to jump on from the front and didn't realize how far the rail sticks out onto the jump and my nose caught and i flipped over and landed on the rail at the bottom and bounced off. got my bearings straight and first thing i noticed was that :(

those are tech nine bindings, pretty cheap but i like them. i wanna get a new board soon though, im not sure if i wanna get a rocker though. anyone have one and what do you think of them?

rodeo#11
12-23-2009, 08:24 AM
i took a chip outta mine one time hitting a rail but never ripped the whole end off pretty much lol glad to see your walking away from that man.. looks like it was a rough one.

ben300
12-23-2009, 08:38 AM
ive never broke a pair of skis.....bindings adn lots and lots of poles..

my buddy however was racing at blue knob and snapped one of his race stock volkl racetiger's in half when he was compeiting in a gs race...

KXRida
12-23-2009, 09:40 AM
jesse, you be interested in doing a weekend trip to snowshoe one day and timberline the next in west virginia? We're trying to get a group going and figured I'd toss it out there.

jesseweaver
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
jesse, you be interested in doing a weekend trip to snowshoe one day and timberline the next in west virginia? We're trying to get a group going and figured I'd toss it out there.

idk possibly, depends when i guess. and if i have a new board by then.