PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust pop

DirtyTitan
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Now I know what everybody is thinking before I even ask my question.....jetting. So when I picked this quad up a couple months back it didnt pop at all. Changed the oil and cleaned the K&N filter and outer wear and now it pops. This happens after I hit it pretty hard and let off. Its not super bad but it kinda bugs me. Could this be because the filter was super clogged and now its free flowing? Would putting the airbox lid on change this? Im kinda stumped because it wasnt doing this a couple months ago. Could it just be an adjustment needs to made? Sometimes my 2 boys play in the garage and maybe they played with it????

dariusld
12-22-2009, 05:00 PM
A pop is also a symptom of an exhaust leak. Check the four nuts that hold your header on. And look for black soot around that area. You can really tell if you take the header off and look at the crush washers, but then you might as well replace them.

Ryan'07400ex
12-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by DirtyTitan
Changed the oil and cleaned the K&N filter and outer wear and now it pops. Could this be because the filter was super clogged and now its free flowing?

Thats what I was going to say, may just be gettin more air now so its popping more. Mine does to on heavy deceleration or going down a hill, i never have paid much attention, jetting helped some though.

jasonanderson1
12-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Ryan'07400ex
Thats what I was going to say, may just be gettin more air now so its popping more. Mine does to on heavy deceleration or going down a hill, i never have paid much attention, jetting helped some though.

yea same its pretty normal, nothing big.

DirtyTitan
12-22-2009, 08:32 PM
will check for exhaust leak. if thats not it ill fiddle with the airbox. Thanks guys