PDA

View Full Version : 12 hour race

Martin Blair
01-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Hi, i was reading dirtwgheels and saw the 12 hour atv america thing, and was wondering aobut it next year (yeah right) do you think 1 person could do it? with the 3 hour break in the middle, I havent raced much just at the MX track and no cross country stuff but I think im pretty good in the tight stuff but i dont know, what do you think of 1 guy doing it?

Fender Bender
01-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Workout and get into shape from now til then, then drink ALOT of water a few days before the race, and you can do it man:macho

toby400ex
01-19-2003, 10:07 PM
if you havent ever done a long *** xc race, i dunno. If someone was to do it alone they would come in dead last. Prolly from fallen asleep and hittin a tree. How hard would it be to get 2 or 3 people to make a team anyway.;)

Martin Blair
01-19-2003, 10:15 PM
I could look for a team, my dad and i could double up but no afence to him hes not to fast, and if i was to make a team it would have to be people i dont really know, theres no one arround me that rides let allone want to race.

Nausty
01-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I could look for a team, my dad and i could double up but no afence to him hes not to fast, and if i was to make a team it would have to be people i dont really know, theres no one arround me that rides let allone want to race.

The race is in Iowa and if you really need someone to race in it with you I think I might depending on how much the admission is and i've been riding for a long time and have experience on about everything. I also have good endurance. The only thing is that we both have to use one quad and my dad won't let me race in for that reason on my quad but I can assure I take better care of other peoples stuff than my own.

Martin Blair
01-20-2003, 09:19 AM
yeah my dad is the same way but iuf he got to meet you before the race he would probably let u use the 400. It wont be next year though i want to get some good mods on it first, all the stuff in my sig plus some new front shocks and a revalving and spring on the rear.

toby400ex
01-20-2003, 03:20 PM
heck, i could do it to, im gonna do a bunch of xc this summer on my 400ex. That would be koo to get a team together.:D

Martin Blair
01-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Problem is im only 15 and i dont turn 16 till after the race this year, so it will have to be next year 2004.

Nausty
02-03-2003, 10:20 PM
if you don't want to race the race before you get the shocks we could pry swap our shocks onto yours. I dunno the rear might be kind of a pain though because of the remote resivour but we got our old rear rebuild shock sitting out so we could pry use that. To tell you the truth though I wouldn't recommend the rebuilt rear shock. I blew mine twice and I dunno if I would feel comfortable with it on a 12 hour race. Anyway how much is admission for the race? I heard it was pretty expensive?