PDA

View Full Version : 2 kids across country?

rdogsdad
12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Im not sure if I heard this correctly. It is my understanding that 2 kids (in my opinion, I believe they are 18), left by themselves to go across country to race in the DWT World Mx Series. When I say across country I am talking Pa. to Nv. Can anyone let me if this is true. Thanks

SRH
12-21-2009, 08:07 PM
check the results and look for riders from there.......why do u ask

dehner47
12-22-2009, 07:14 AM
kids drive across country all the time to race. go hit a few nationals. you'd be suprised at how many "kids" drive themselves across country all year to race there quads. me being one of them a few years ago. best times of my life:D

rdogsdad
12-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Certainly not passing judgement just curious, and although I have some time until my son wants to go by himself trying to prepare on how I should handle it. We will be hitting some nationals this year and will certainly check that out. Thanks for some input guys.

extremeblastr
12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
myself and 2 buddys hit the entire national circuit in 07 we were 18,18, and 19 its perfectly feasible if your responsible

motofreak2772
12-22-2009, 09:50 PM
... and money. I think that would be awesome to do all the nationals at 18 with some friends but idk if I would be able to afford it or have a good enough friend who would want to do that. What would be even better is to take a full year trip and not coming home. Pretty much find a camp ground in the area of the race then ride local tracks and race then pick up and move to the next races local camp ground.

redrocker
12-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I did ROADS TRIPS all the time
once I got a license , I got a
truck and my buddys and I
were gone :)
Great times!

younggun95
12-23-2009, 09:38 AM
We lived in Oregon. My senior year of high school I graduated early, loaded up the trailer and truck, and left for the east coast to follow all the mx nationals. Lived out of my trailer in other racers yards. Whoever happened to be closest to the next race.