PDA

View Full Version : VAZ sprocked ****ED!?!?!?!?!?!

Trxman300
12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
ok so today i was riding at the local sand pit.....

i went around once and i was going up a hill in 2nd gear and i knowticed one loud klank followed by small ones.....

so when i get to the top i looked and my sprocked was 1/4 missing!!!! it is a VAZ aluminum sprocket. it was about 28-30 degreese farenhight in about 5 inches of fresh powdery snow.

not to mention i had to wait for 45min so my friend could come tow me out on his brother 250ex. it barrily ****ing moved!! not to mention it was pitch black!!!!! i mean c'mon, do i get a refund or something?

Trxman300
12-21-2009, 06:23 PM
here it is........

rooster300ex
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Looks like it got brittle because it was so cold. Aluminum sprockets aren't for the snow i guess. But i would want a refund. I would be pissed

Trxman300
12-22-2009, 12:48 PM
trust me, im BEYOND PISSED!

i came home from school a couple of minuts ago. went into my garage looked at it.........laughed and started kicking it fliping out.

i e-mailed vaz and they didnt get back to me....... im ready to call them and flip out

Trxman300
12-22-2009, 01:13 PM
well they wont e-mail me and the phone number wont work......wtf

so my brother has an 05 300ex and he has vaz now and before. he said when he tried a different sprocket with the vaz chain he said it didnt work because vaz is so much thicker.........is that true

Trxman300
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
thought you guys would wanna see this..... im still missing that huge chunk in the woods.......

well like a always say, "nothing a little duct tape cant fix"

IcutMetl
12-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Sprockets are expendable items; suck it up and buy a steel one next time- aluminum rears wear out too fast for a 4-wheeler for the amount of weight you save.

And I realize that not everyone is an english major, but my God...use spell check- reading your first post is like decoding heiroglyphics on a cave wall.

Trxman300
12-24-2009, 06:50 PM
ok so a sprocket it supposed to break into 5 peices and leave 1/5 of it out in the sand pit right? and i wont suck it up because i do not mad when it wears down....

I was GAURENTEED or my money back, it would not BREAK INTO A MILLION PEICES!!! and the way it looks to me, i aint getting my money back! but then you get stranded for 45 min. in pitch black, nevermind the below freezing temperature, its not too much fun.

sorry about my spelling, the lights blew out in my computer room and cant type in the dark.... my mistake.... ill make sure to re-read my posts to make you proud, ok?

speedfreek
12-25-2009, 05:55 AM
How old was the sprocket?

It does sound like the cold broke it. I think they should give you a refund ONLY if the sprocket was new. They may want to come up with some b.s. reason why it broke like the chain was too loose or you may have the wrong size chain on it. This is what companies try to do, put the blame on the customer.

You may want to do some research on how cold affects aluminum. I know steel would be stronger but I think there should be a warning on the package about freezing temperatures.

steve181
12-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by speedfreek
How old was the sprocket?

It does sound like the cold broke it. I think they should give you a refund ONLY if the sprocket was new. They may want to come up with some b.s. reason why it broke like the chain was too loose or you may have the wrong size chain on it. This is what companies try to do, put the blame on the customer.

You may want to do some research on how cold affects aluminum. I know steel would be stronger but I think there should be a warning on the package about freezing temperatures.

i do not belive @ that temperature the sprocket shoulda shattered like it did

tho i could be wrong, ive never seen a sprocket shatter like that tho

Trxman300
12-26-2009, 08:41 PM
i know, just my luck huh?

well the sprocket was about 9 months old and i bought it new off of ebay from a large distributer of VAZ Products...... i got an e-mail back and this is it.......

Good morning Mr. Michael,

We receive information about your address so that we can send you a new Kit.

We look forward to your return.

Best Regards,

Carlos Deblassi
Director Industrial
Tel 55(11)2136 3933

That was a person from VAZ....what does this mean???? are they asking for my address or something??

fishnfergie
12-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah I would guess that is what they are asking for. Now you see the importance of good grammar and re reading what you typed haha...

fmftrx300ex
12-28-2009, 11:59 AM
calm down man iv had som pretty dick things happen to me and my quad try riding 5 miles with ur exhaust held on with burning duct tape or try riding with ur break rotor half way into ur skid plate nether of them is fun and i hold nothing against my bike stupid **** happens and yea get steel sprokets they hold up better and are cheeper too

Trxman300
12-28-2009, 04:43 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!! they said they are shipping me a new chain and sprocket kit, FREE!!

Trxman300
12-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by fmftrx300ex
calm down man iv had som pretty dick things happen to me and my quad try riding 5 miles with ur exhaust held on with burning duct tape or try riding with ur break rotor half way into ur skid plate nether of them is fun and i hold nothing against my bike stupid **** happens and yea get steel sprokets they hold up better and are cheeper too

yep.... ive road home with no silencer because it fell off. had my rotor thru the skidplate and the skidplate bent up aroung the sprocket and couldnt go more than 50 ft. without the chain poping off.... had to ride my friends atc home with locked steering all the way to the right (not fun). ive had it tough too. i didnt blame my quad for it. and if i did i really didnt mean to because it had to do with the temperature and stuff, not the bike

F-16Guy
12-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Trxman300
GREAT NEWS!!!!! they said they are shipping me a new chain and sprocket kit, FREE!!
Why would you put the same thing back on?? I would put that set on eBay and buy a steel set with an o-ring chain. Primary Drive is pretty good stuff for the price, and you won't have to be towed home in the dark 9 months later.

Trxman300
12-30-2009, 09:29 AM
exactly. i already bought a Primary Drive chain and sprocket kit with a gold x-ring chand and steel stock tooth sprockets. i want to run the Primary Drive in winter and the VAZ in summer.

it may sound dumb but i only had to adjust my chain once through out the spring, summer, and fall of last year when i was riding with VAZ.

i am still debating on what i want to do, sell the VAZ or just use it in summer

IcutMetl
12-30-2009, 10:04 AM
In my opinion, aluminum rear sprockets don't belong on ATV's unless you're getting them for free. Even if it's heat treated and hard-coated aluminum, it still will wear much faster than the bargain priced steel sprockets, and for how much weight savings? Hell, if I had the extra dough...I'd put Sidewinder sprockets on mine. I bought the Primary Drive sprocket/o-ring chain kit from RM Atv, and you can definitely tell it's a lower buck sprocket (rough stamping, not laser cut), but it was a good price and seems to be wearing farily well; keeping it lubed every ride.

Trxman300
12-30-2009, 05:09 PM
ya i agree with you. the only reason why i am getting the Primary Drive is because #1 its cheap, #2 i dont know of any really good brands that are cheap.