PDA

View Full Version : 400ex cutting out

ironlemon
12-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Im currently working on a 02 400ex. It revs up perfectly in neutral but when it is in gear it wont rev, what wrong? Whats funny y was it ran perfect then all of a sudden it wouldnt rev. It starts and idles perfect. My guess is it is something simple like a common electrical issue. My raptor would trip its pb every once in a while and do the same thing but this is a new machine to me. I just went through the carb, complete disassembly and cleaning along with lager pilot jet before the issue.

jasonanderson1
12-21-2009, 05:58 PM
maybe clutch?

ironlemon
12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Thought about that but it is actioning correctly. I will try pulling it in gear to see if it revs tomorrow.

bigbad400
12-22-2009, 08:09 AM
i had a old dirtbike once that had that problem it turned out it was the coil. it would start and idle fine but as soon as you click it into gear it would redline. well if you let out the clutch it wouldnt rev at all its like it couldnt take the load. found a new coil and problem solved.

ironlemon
12-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey when its puttin around, i pull the clutch and it revs up, then i let go of the clutch and it bogs down, so wtf?