PDA

View Full Version : opinions on civics?

IRISH-RACER-14
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
whats ur opinion on them for my first car? is a 98 ill be buying

Ruby Soho
12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
great car to get you from point A to point B.

i recommend you don't put a fart can and a cold air intake on it though;)

Scro
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM
You can't beat honda durability. Just don't think it's fast and you will be alright.

quadrcr161
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
great car to get you from point A to point B.

i recommend you don't put a fart can and a cold air intake on it though;)

Originally posted by Scro
You can't beat honda durability. Just don't think it's fast and you will be alright.

agreed, they are a great car, just dont think you have a race car.

They can be made to be fast, but it takes a lot of money and know how.

12-21-2009, 01:27 PM
They definitely aren't a sportscar, but for a nice commuter you can't beat it. They get close to 40mpg and are fairly nice.

Just please don't put a fart can or cold air intake on it.. I beg you.

Other then that, a very cheap to maintain, reliable first car.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
the only mods will be body. keep it clean.

can u get a nice pipe for one?

jesseweaver
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14

everone that said no fart cans and intake already assumed you were smart enough to not add a body kit and stuff. this is the sorst thing you could do to a civic

i don't think a civic will work out for you sorry

IRISH-RACER-14
12-21-2009, 02:21 PM
im still going to be buying one in january.

whats wrong with a pipe?

Scro
12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
A civic should be nothing more than a gas saver, which doesn't include performance or aesthetic mods;)

IRISH-RACER-14
12-21-2009, 02:42 PM
all i want from the car is to look good,sound good and handle good. yes of course it should be good on fuel?

now tell me whats wrong with all of the above?

Scro
12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
My last post was meant to be a joke...it's your money, you do what you want. Don't worry what other people think.

k4f5x0r
12-21-2009, 02:51 PM
all i want from the car is to look good,sound good and handle good. yes of course it should be good on fuel?

civics dont fit in any of those category. except for the gas mileage being good.

klutch
12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Fart can, intake, think you're fast, think you handle well, body kit, honda?

RICER.

Choose gas saver or speed, handling and nice?

Thats up to you. I'd rather just deal with having to spend on gas.

631kfx400
12-21-2009, 03:49 PM
gas is great.

thats it

XCRacer236
12-21-2009, 04:17 PM

THIS. is what makes Civic's have the bad rep they do. and THIS is what people are talking about when they said "intakes, fart cans, and body kits." all those things equal RICE!

if you buy one, do everyone a favor and keep it stock.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-21-2009, 04:18 PM
would a slip on cause it 2 drink more gas?

well whatever ye say im buying a civic:blah:

and hopefully it will be clean

BLU82
12-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Are you TRYING to start another huge pointless argument?

wrekd
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
My friend had a newer (probably around 05??) black Civic. All he did was drop it an inch or 2, some nice black 17's, and blacked out the windows. It was a sharp lookin little car. Im more of a truck guy, but I would've taken his car no problem.

12-21-2009, 04:39 PM

it better not be what I think you mean, no body kits like Bomex, Razzi, w/e stupid rice looking **** companies make DO NOT get those lol. OEM mods like lips is the only way to go unless you buy bumpers like BYS or J Blood which are expensive!!! Basically dont shop at Advance Auto and choose carefully if you go EBAY. You can make it a race car but dont think simple mods make it like that. And yes you can get a nice "pipe" for it. On a budget the best sounding exhaust is a Apexi WS2. Higher quality/priced you have the Tanabe Hyper Medallian, Mugen Twin Loop, and Spoon. Axle backs make noise, cat backs make power. Stock cats are restrictive but dont get a test pipe unless you have a turbo because you get rasp. Honestly the motor that comes in it is hopeless without boost. You will actually improve your gas mileage with a better flowing intake and exhaust. The engine doesnt work as hard. Figure out what you want out of your car then build from there. If you have any questions ask me lol I know pretty much all there is to know about them considering I own one.

Whats your real budget and I can build you up a list...

Originally posted by XCRacer236
THIS. is what makes Civic's have the bad rep they do. and THIS is what people are talking about when they said "intakes, fart cans, and body kits." all those things equal RICE!

if you buy one, do everyone a favor and keep it stock.

I just laughed so hard! Thanks. But seriously an intake means its rice? Well then damn almost everyones quad is riced out, pretty much any performance car/truck foreign and domestic is rice. Damn new news to me. Alright who put the horse blinders on this guy?

gcart2
12-21-2009, 04:41 PM
that sounds clean ^^^

quadrcr161
12-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352

I just laughed so hard! Thanks. But seriously an intake means its rice? Well then damn almost everyones quad is riced out, pretty much any performance car/truck foreign and domestic is rice. Damn new news to me. Alright who put the horse blinders on this guy? [/B]

yes an intake can be ricey, esp on an automatic single cam stock motor ebay kit and when some lil prick thinks its going to give him 15whp.

plus any kind of big bloated exhaust tip noise maker on the same car is rice. the twin loops and quiter exhaust are a lot nicer plus they dont draw attention.

12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
yes an intake can be ricey, esp on an automatic single cam stock motor ebay kit and when some lil prick thinks its going to give him 15whp.

plus any kind of big bloated exhaust tip noise maker on the same car is rice. the twin loops and quiter exhaust are a lot nicer plus they dont draw attention.

thats not ricey thats called a ricer. Thats the person not the intake lol. Big *** muffler tips and what not I think we can all agree on are ricey unless its on a diesel truck lol

12-21-2009, 05:08 PM
No, intake and exhaust doesn't make a quad a ricer, because most of them are fairly quick to begin with and mods make a more noticeable gain.

When you put some cheapo ebay or Advance Auto cold air intake, a fart can off the shelf, that is ricer. A body kit on a civic.. ricer.

A civic is a commuter car unless built otherwise... and built does not mean some gay muffler with an intake.

I give civics credit where they are due, and some that are done-up performance wise are pretty nice. But this tool is going to be your typical high-school kid that thinks his civic will smoke everything around and throws a fart-can, park bench, and intake on it.

I got my firebird for 2500... 93 LT-1. Handles as good or better then a civic, will SMOKE pretty much every car in my school, nevermind a civic, is stylish without any body enhancements, and still gets around 25mpg on the highway. Why someone would pay 3000 for a stupid civic over a F-body, or any other nice car, is beyond me.

But to each his own. When it comes down to it, a civic is a mommy commuter car. Not a sports car. (Unless it's an SI, but still isnt all that impressive)

bbender85
12-21-2009, 05:25 PM
would a slip on cause it 2 drink more gas?

lmao.

jesseweaver
12-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
No, intake and exhaust doesn't make a quad a ricer, because most of them are fairly quick to begin with and mods make a more noticeable gain.

When you put some cheapo ebay or Advance Auto cold air intake, a fart can off the shelf, that is ricer. A body kit on a civic.. ricer.

A civic is a commuter car unless built otherwise... and built does not mean some gay muffler with an intake.

I give civics credit where they are due, and some that are done-up performance wise are pretty nice. But this tool is going to be your typical high-school kid that thinks his civic will smoke everything around and throws a fart-can, park bench, and intake on it.

I got my firebird for 2500... 93 LT-1. Handles as good or better then a civic, will SMOKE pretty much every car in my school, nevermind a civic, is stylish without any body enhancements, and still gets around 25mpg on the highway. Why someone would pay 3000 for a stupid civic over a F-body, or any other nice car, is beyond me.

But to each his own. When it comes down to it, a civic is a mommy commuter car. Not a sports car. (Unless it's an SI, but still isnt all that impressive)

EXACTLEY. end of arguement

IRISH-RACER-14
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
im not looking to be faster than anybody

a nice pipe sounds cool and in the irish roads i would not be able to drive fast so stop moaning.

im getting a civic. it will be nice and it will be my car and it will be how i like it.

and FlewByU352 my budget is cheap. im from ireland. spending 3000 euro on the car.

ill throw a nice pair of alloys, mabey a body kit and a nice sounding pipe and that would be it

gcart2
12-21-2009, 06:06 PM
im not looking to be faster than anybody

a nice pipe sounds cool and in the irish roads i would not be able to drive fast so stop moaning.

im getting a civic. it will be nice and it will be my car and it will be how i like it.

and FlewByU352 my budget is cheap. im from ireland. spending 3000 euro on the car.

ill throw a nice pair of alloys, mabey a body kit and a nice sounding pipe and that would be it

why not spend the money for the body kit on something productive... like a stripper....?

fastredrider44
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
why not spend the money for the body kit on something productive... like a stripper....?

Bahahah! Nothing wrong with a Civic, and I agree, they can be good looking cars. But NO fart cans and NO big *** body kits. Oh yeah, and no big ol aluminum "wing".

XCRacer236
12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
it better not be what I think you mean, no body kits like Bomex, Razzi, w/e stupid rice looking **** companies make DO NOT get those lol. OEM mods like lips is the only way to go unless you buy bumpers like BYS or J Blood which are expensive!!! Basically dont shop at Advance Auto and choose carefully if you go EBAY. You can make it a race car but dont think simple mods make it like that. And yes you can get a nice "pipe" for it. On a budget the best sounding exhaust is a Apexi WS2. Higher quality/priced you have the Tanabe Hyper Medallian, Mugen Twin Loop, and Spoon. Axle backs make noise, cat backs make power. Stock cats are restrictive but dont get a test pipe unless you have a turbo because you get rasp. Honestly the motor that comes in it is hopeless without boost. You will actually improve your gas mileage with a better flowing intake and exhaust. The engine doesnt work as hard. Figure out what you want out of your car then build from there. If you have any questions ask me lol I know pretty much all there is to know about them considering I own one.

Whats your real budget and I can build you up a list...

I just laughed so hard! Thanks. But seriously an intake means its rice? Well then damn almost everyones quad is riced out, pretty much any performance car/truck foreign and domestic is rice. Damn new news to me. Alright who put the horse blinders on this guy?

some of your posts just make no sense. your a typical rice lover. take offense to everything.

hondariderdylan
12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
some of your posts just make no sense. your a typical rice lover. take offense to everything.

lmao:p

OP, all were doing is just trying to make sure you dont look like a hopeless dumbass.

What you have in mind are good ideas just do them right the first time with quality parts and you will be fine.

gcart2
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM

i will add on to this,

civic is a car. thats it. just so happens they can easily look like.. well hell.

keep it simple. if you have your mind set on doing stuff start with tinting your windows. maybe wheels. just leave the wing alone lol, no body kit, no aftermarket. theres no need to try to polish a turd. sorry.

Canadian144
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
^^^ +1

If I had a 98 civic, I would get it in black, get the windows tinted black, clean up the car (i.e. no dents, rush spots, etc), maybe put a SMALL lip on the front, and put some aftermarket wheels on. NOTHING more.

You do not have any idea of the number of riced up civics, cavaliers, neons, and corollas that pull up to me and rev at stoplights when I'm in my STI... it's ridiculous. Usually I will rev back, then as soon as the light changes color I will just accelerate normally :) They are always really happy when looking back in the mirror, I just let the ricers have their moment, hoping that they won't bother me again.

12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
You wouldnt lower it? lol If you dont lower cars they looks like crap. Its rare that a car looks good at the ride height from the factory.

400exrider707
12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
It kills me how everyone says its a commuter car, but doesn't think you should do the simple mods that 90% of people do to obtain better mileage.... buhahahahah.

Honda's are hard to beat... they just keep running.

If you want to buy a civic and put a 5 ft. wing on it and the widest ugliest body kit you can buy, more power to you! It's your money, build it how you like it!

UNBROKEN
12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
this thread is amusing lol i got a 79 camaro with a bbc under the hood im all about american mucle BUT for a daily driver i would buy a civic and add a intake but not a fart can , as said a cheap *** apc muffler from pepboys will droan real bad and sound like chitt , and , DMC400EX i could have sworn i seen ure firebird on ure myspace and it was the 3.8 , 6 cylnder :devil:

XCRacer236
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
yeah these threads are hilarious. 1 lover and 50 haters. :devil:

Flyin_250r
12-21-2009, 09:53 PM
98 couple. Just throw a lip kit on it... lower it a touch, with 17s and thats all you need. Do not throw a big loud fart can on the back or an aluminum spoiler. I was right into the whole import scene. Had an old hatch, b16 swap, wings west kit molded in, 17" verdicts, projectors, altezzas, finished in the same white the new mercedes use. It was a clean car and actually earned respect out of alot of muscle car guys (my brothers got a 95 gt stang with quite a bit done). So for people who say the body kits etc turn a civic rice have no clue. I do agree alot of the kits are ugly as hell. But one that is tastefully done is a sick looking car. But again, id say 1/10 actually truthfully know how to build one without it looking gay. Its the people who try to build one to copy the cars they see on the fast and the furious out of cheap junk. Which in my opinion is the same as a guy with a 6 cylinder mustang or camaro throwing dual exhaust on it

I gotta admit... this was hilarious....

DMC400EX i could have sworn i seen ure firebird on ure myspace and it was the 3.8 , 6 cylnder

12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
If you want 17's buy mine lol I bought new wheels IMO 17" wheels are too big. 15's are straight performance or for slamming the car and 16's are the perfect balance between looks and performance. New wheels:

kfx400rider03
12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
i dont think that honda could turn 17's
no fart can as said many times.

dont do and mods unless you drop a type "R" dohc vtec in.
only "honda" motor i was impreesed by in my friends 1994 bubble

IRISH-RACER-14
12-22-2009, 04:49 AM
If you want 17's buy mine lol I bought new wheels IMO 17" wheels are too big. 15's are straight performance or for slamming the car and 16's are the perfect balance between looks and performance. New wheels:

those are nice and i live on the opposite side of the world:rolleyes:

12-22-2009, 05:16 AM
I love these threads. :devil: no point in polishing a turd like previously stated. Civic is and always will be the wanna be's car. For daily commuting I'm all for it. Body kits, motor swaps, etc are all a waist. Save your money and get a real sports car if that's what you're looking for.

gcart2
12-22-2009, 07:31 AM

change your damned sig. its immature and a disgrace to all honda riders. it makes me want to sell my quad and buy a yami.

seriously bub. shorten it. its just, dumb:confused:

you know what, you know how they have those gay pride banners? im gonna make you one. a "honda pride" banner with peace signs and fart cans on it just for you. that way you can shorten the damn sig with that.

:chinese:

631kfx400
12-22-2009, 08:04 AM
owned

gcart2
12-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
owned

oh no no no. he will come back with some immature statement. then he will say "well come race me" and ill say "quads? okay? considering this is a quads website". or maybe he will grow a sack and keep his mouth shut and shorten it.

i dont understand these ppl:confused:

UNBROKEN
12-22-2009, 08:13 AM
gcart2, im rofl hahahah

gcart2
12-22-2009, 08:42 AM
flewbyu... ill go ahead and make the offer.

im ready. we can hit the trails at crooms, meet at dade city for a 5 lap moto, or whatever else you would like. hell ill let you take off with my bike shut off. no no no, ill even give you a push start, run back to my bike and then crank it.

what all did you offer up? i cant remember. why dont we just do pinks. you take my rig, truck trailer and quad. if i win i just want the taco and quad.

"Stay tuned for race results":rolleyes:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC09379.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC09408.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC09374.jpg
the bike

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/10-20-09/DSCN0091.jpg
the rig

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/10-20-09/DSCN0093.jpg
the trucks

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC08460.jpg
remember this day? the day i burned you in the whoops?

IRISH-RACER-14
12-22-2009, 08:48 AM
flewbyu...

im ready. we can hit the trails at crooms, meet at dade city for a 5 lap moto, or whatever else you would like. hell ill let you take off with my bike shut off. no no no, ill even give you a push start, run back to my bike and then crank it.

what all did you offer up? i cant remember. why dont we just do pinks. you take my rig, truck trailer and quad. if i win i just want the taco and quad.

Stay tuned for race results:rolleyes:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC09379.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC09408.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC09374.jpg
the bike

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/10-20-09/DSCN0091.jpg
the rig

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/10-20-09/DSCN0093.jpg
the trucks

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC08460.jpg

nice 450r?

are u talking to me about shortening my sig?

gcart2
12-22-2009, 08:50 AM
no sir. referring to king taco "flewbyu".

631kfx400
12-22-2009, 08:50 AM
this is from the bottom of my heart flewbyu

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwCaOg39ZCo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwCaOg39ZCo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gcart2
12-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
this is from the bottom of my heart flewbyu

come on guys thats not fair. hes not even online yet:p

631kfx400
12-22-2009, 08:54 AM
lmao

fastredrider44
12-22-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm LMAO about that and that DMC is runnin his mouth about how fast his car is when 2 people have said that his car is the 3.8. At what benefit is it to lie on the net?:p

PolarisRider
12-22-2009, 09:08 AM

HA. No offense man but F-bodys are junk. I would know. I sunk 8 grand into my camaro. Big bad 350, carb, full exhaust, intake, the works. Ya its fast but my little Cobalt SS would toast it while pulling 34mpg and taking turns with out sounding like the cars going to seperate from the frame. You just can't compete with new technology. LT-1s were great back in 93 when they came out with that body style, sure. but not now.:ermm:

XCRacer236
12-22-2009, 09:49 AM
GCart just became my hero on this website!

12-22-2009, 10:01 AM
flewbyu... ill go ahead and make the offer.

"Stay tuned for race results":rolleyes:

I'm not into quads much anymore. Sure if you want to race my bone stock 450R be my guest you can give me a head start I can accept the fact that you will win. And the day you "burned me in the whoops?" I never met you, never rode with you, never raced you. You went *** backwards on this post, I called out DMC because he called me out. Thats between him and I not his followers. You called me out in a desperate attempt to "own" me or shut me up. Dont like what I post? Dont read it.

gcart2
12-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not into quads much anymore. Sure if you want to race my bone stock 450R be my guest you can give me a head start I can accept the fact that you will win. And the day you "burned me in the whoops?" I never met you, never rode with you, never raced you. You went *** backwards on this post, I called out DMC because he called me out. Thats between him and I not his followers. You called me out in a desperate attempt to "own" me or shut me up. Dont like what I post? Dont read it.

But...

you shortened your sig. :p

XCRacer236
12-22-2009, 10:27 AM
But...

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! :devil:

martnmx288
12-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I think a civic is a good starter car. Some window tint, 17 or 18" wheels, simple Type R lip kit, lower it, call it day. You have a clean, sharp, reliable car that will get you all the high school snap you need.... not a fan of loud fart cans but something not obnoxious wouldn't be terrible imo..

631kfx400
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
But...

operation short sig

accomplished

12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
This thread makes me want to cry, please no 17" wheels and deffinately no 18" wheels!

12-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I'm LMAO about that and that DMC is runnin his mouth about how fast his car is when 2 people have said that his car is the 3.8. At what benefit is it to lie on the net?:p

LMAO I just got home now and saw this thread talking about my car.

It's a Formula LT-1. You people don't even know me, how would you know it's a 3.8?

And why would it have the factory "Formula V8" stickers on it still?

If you guys still don't believe me, I'll get a vid of my car. I would never buy a V6 camaro/firebird. That's like buying a 4cyl corvette. (If they made one)

631kfx400
12-22-2009, 01:41 PM
This thread makes me want to cry, please no 17" wheels and deffinately no 18" wheels!
this thread makes me want to cry too. who would want to put rims on a civic i mean come on now really

12-22-2009, 01:41 PM

Oh and this is one thing I actually agree with you on.

17's and 18's on small cars or gay. Some bigger cars can pull off 17's but not smaller cars. 16" is about right.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh and this is one thing I actually agree with you on.

17's and 18's on small cars or gay. Some bigger cars can pull off 17's but not smaller cars. 16" is about right.

yes definetly 16's

ive heard that big wheels and small rubber makes them handle badly. plus in these crappy irish roads i cant afford to be paying for punctures

12-22-2009, 02:05 PM
yes definetly 16's

ive heard that big wheels and small rubber makes them handle badly. plus in these crappy irish roads i cant afford to be paying for punctures

Actually smaller sidewalls make it handle better. Theres less squish and tread roll.

martnmx288
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Actually smaller sidewalls make it handle better. Theres less squish and tread roll.

To an extent. You still need side bite.... overall tire size comes into play. For a civic 225/45/16 is prob the most cost effective size for best handling. 225/40/17 wouldn't suck though either

12-22-2009, 02:15 PM
225 is hard to get. Usually a 205 is used. I actually read up that going to a 225 wont make the car handle better, a good tire is all you need. For a 225 I think you need a 8" wide wheel. Really hard to find in 15" and rare in 16"

martnmx288
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Tire quality definitly is the biggest thing. I'm just saying without spending a ton of money (If it is this guys 1st car I am guessing budget will be important) 225/45/16 $80 bones ea. Should fit a 7" wheel I think. Especially if they have the curb protector edge on them. And if they dont well you'll have curb protection when you stuff the 225's on a 7" wheel! lol

Kickstarts-suck
12-22-2009, 04:28 PM
well whatever ye say im buying a civic:blah:

So then whats the point in this thread..

remix92
12-22-2009, 04:29 PM
this thread is full of FAIL people are so damn ignorant its rediculous lol get a civic there good cars i can guarentee you wont have much of any problems and if you want to go fast just be prepared to drop a lot of money into it to make it move. and to the kid who has the lt-1 that car still isnt no rocket ship car runs 15's stock and if thats the fastest car around your streets are pathetic...

keep the civic clean and away from the rice and you wont get hated on cause these cars do look good when there done right not saying that i would want this over an sti or evo but for the money and a good daily its worth it.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6410/67380936.jpg (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/67380936.jpg/)

12-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by remix92
this thread is full of FAIL people are so damn ignorant its rediculous lol get a civic there good cars i can guarentee you wont have much of any problems and if you want to go fast just be prepared to drop a lot of money into it to make it move. and to the kid who has the lt-1 that car still isnt no rocket ship car runs 15's stock and if thats the fastest car around your streets are pathetic...

keep the civic clean and away from the rice and you wont get hated on cause these cars do look good when there done right not saying that i would want this over an sti or evo but for the money and a good daily its worth it.

LOL for the last time im not going to say it again. I NEVER SAID THEY'RE BLISTERINGLY FAST!!!! I said they're damn snotty and far from being a "turd." It's a sports car. Yeah, it won't keep up with vettes and crap but they're still fairly fast.

And I would like to know where you pulled that 15's crap from. Most are between 13.8-14.2 @ 98-102 mph dead stock. With some bolt ons easily into the mid 13's.

And didn't say the fastest car around. There are a LOT of fast cars around here. I said the fastest car in SCHOOL. Because most of the kids around here have N/A stealths and civics and crap.

I really wish you damn people would read correctly. lol.

remix92
12-22-2009, 04:46 PM
haha i know i exagerated a little on the 15's but i can dump a little over a grand into a civic and blow by v8's all day, its not practical as its gonna blow eventually but it can happen lol.. i like all different types of cars my dad has a 79 trans am built, 2004 cobra, and an 03 vette so i have driven and know what real power is like just sayin it can happen in a civic but if i had the money obviosly you wouldnt see me drivin by in any honda or acura

martnmx288
12-22-2009, 04:47 PM

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6410/67380936.jpg (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/67380936.jpg/)

The civic in your pic is a good example of a nice clean good driver. I'm not a civic lover by any means but for a starter car done right I'd a rock one. Good cheap fun clean car.

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by martnmx288
The civic in your pic is a good example of a nice clean good driver. I'm not a civic lover by any means but for a starter car done right I'd a rock one. Good cheap fun clean car.

yea it wouldn't be a bad daily driver or beater work car but the problem is, 95% of people driving that car think its 1 step below a nascar. they don't see it as a commuter.

12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
haha i know i exagerated a little on the 15's but i can dump a little over a grand into a civic and blow by v8's all day, its not practical as its gonna blow eventually but it can happen lol.. i like all different types of cars my dad has a 79 trans am built, 2004 cobra, and an 03 vette so i have driven and know what real power is like just sayin it can happen in a civic but if i had the money obviosly you wouldnt see me drivin by in any honda or acura

Sounds like a sweet bunch of rides you got:cool:

Yeah, any civic can be fast. I never said otherwise. I love that video on youtube of a built CRX that they left all ratty looking, walking all over a lambo. It was hilarious.

But at the same time, dump a grand into a firebird, or any other V8 for that matter, (cam, heads) and they put out impressive amounts of power for just those two. If you had more money, build a high compression 383 stroker.

But like I said, im not building a racecar. For a new driver which I am, a stock LT1 with bolt-ons is enough.

12-22-2009, 05:07 PM
if i had the money obviosly you wouldnt see me drivin by in any honda or acura

If i had the money you would deffinately see me in the new NSX-R GT from Spoon lol 420 RWHP with handling mods to make you think your in a F1 car. Not to mention 6.6LB per HP and a 0-60 in the 3 second range. With a price tag of only $150,000. Honda forever and always. I would also like to take the time to recognize the Nissan GTR35, that is an amazing car.

remix92
12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
i would never spend 150k on a honda period lol i like hondas and drive an integra but there not the only thing in the world i would much rather be in wrx where i can walk most of the kids with bseries swaps who think there 14 second car is a monster, unless your boosting or going k series hondas arent fast

12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
i would never spend 150k on a honda period lol i like hondas and drive an integra but there not the only thing in the world i would much rather be in wrx where i can walk most of the kids with bseries swaps who think there 14 second car is a monster, unless your boosting or going k series hondas arent fast

sorry to inform you WRX arent that much faster lol have fun with 18MPG. Dont get me wrong I love WRX STI and I'll own one eventually. But right now I cant afford that kind of insurance. Its the highest insurance out of any car besides super cars. A stock WRX can run anywhere between 13.9 - 15.9 depending on track conditions and driver skill. Just laying out the facts. I had the opportunity to buy one. I stuck with building my Honda lol Unless your talking THE NEWEST WRX Style then I have seen 2.9 with a crazy launch and amazing driver stock! Pretty bad ***!

martnmx288
12-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
yea it wouldn't be a bad daily driver or beater work car but the problem is, 95% of people driving that car think its 1 step below a nascar. they don't see it as a commuter.

You have to remember 95% of the "Ricer" ones you see are young new drivers. Hell when I was 16 I though my 1985 Buick Century was a NASCAR! Lmao!

remix92
12-22-2009, 05:26 PM
eh not even the new ones the bug eyed 2 liter i have ran my friends at a 13.5 on just a stage 2 set up which basically is just an up pipe/downpipe intake exhaust and was running 12 lbs.. cars have potential even the 2.5 liters which come in the 06's ive seen run stock with just an exhaust a 13.7, hondas can be made fast but at the end of the day your still drivin around in a car that is 10-15 years old and rattles and makes all random sorts of noises, i know what its like ive owned and swapped many hondas i just am not into them as much anymore which is why i guess i have this opinion

extremeblastr
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM
i used to play the lets take a pile of junk and pretend we can make its fast game then i realized i liked my money in my pocket better and just bought a truck.

12-22-2009, 05:50 PM
hondas can be made fast but at the end of the day your still drivin around in a car that is 10-15 years old and rattles and makes all random sorts of noises, i know what its like ive owned and swapped many hondas i just am not into them as much anymore which is why i guess i have this opinion

My car hit 14 years old on December 5th. Nothing rattled at all before I installed race mounts. I love it though. You start the car and feel it. What build have you done? Just curious.

remix92
12-22-2009, 06:13 PM
right now i drive a stock ls teg with just visual stuff done to it i just wanted a car i could chill with and not have cops bothering me left and right but before this i had a 99 civic with a gsr swap built head skunk 2 valves spring retainers hytech replica header s2manifold and 70mm throttle body just basically bolt ons, then i had a 95 eg that i bought with an ls in it and put a vtec head on it kept that for a while but then wanted an ek, before that was my first car which was first a boosted single cam but then it blew up and i swapped a b16 in it then sold it, all these cars obviosly had suspension wheels ect

12-22-2009, 06:28 PM
nice lol why did they blow up?

remix92
12-22-2009, 06:32 PM
the only one that blew was the single cam and thats cause the boost spiked and stock sleeves arent good for much more than 10 pounds on a d

12-22-2009, 06:33 PM
D series = FAIL lol

gcart2
12-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i used to play the lets take a pile of junk and pretend we can make its fast game then i realized i liked my money in my pocket better and just bought a truck.

best statement made all day.

bought me an 05 f150, 2wd, v8. gets 20mpg on the highway and can still pull my race rig, and broke down rice burners home at the end of the day. Not to mention, girls love big trucks;)

is must be nice being stuck to the rode, and rain storms preventing you from going for a drive. not being to load more then a book bag and a couple ppl must be nice too lol.

Just messin with yall. ive though about a car. but i swear i get a call atleast once a week from a lady friend who needs a favor or whos in trouble. not to mention, my mpg is pretty decent, so why buy a car? isnt that the point? i mean, once yall build them up what are yall getting? 20-30? not worth it imo.

fastredrider44
12-22-2009, 07:07 PM

And why would it have the factory "Formula V8" stickers on it still?

they make them everyday. I'm not saying it doesn't, some of your friends on myspace said it had the 3.8. I could careless what it has under it. It's your car, your the only one that has to be happy with it.

Yes, I've seen some go through the "pile of junk and make it fast" stage, but most of the vehicles I've had, I'd be scared to get them going over 100. 4x4s aren't meant to go that fast on the road. My s-10 has the ZQ8 suspension, but is just the 2.slow 5speed. It's my version of a Civic. Good on gas and you can still throw crap in the bed.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-22-2009, 07:21 PM

thats a nice civic.
mine will be like that. but probaly in white or blue.and it will be a 3door

12-22-2009, 07:54 PM
just curious, you say irish roads but doesnt it say you live in ny?

Jersey450R
12-22-2009, 08:01 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojB7KkaR03I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojB7KkaR03I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IRISH-RACER-14
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
when i buy parts here people assume i want them shipped to ireland. i get all my parts sent to ny and then shipped to ireland. it just gets annoying when they say they wont shipp to ireland

IRISH-RACER-14
12-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojB7KkaR03I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojB7KkaR03I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> funny as hell lol. i aint a ricer. hell i had a 300ex and my friends had 450s

12-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
they make them everyday. I'm not saying it doesn't, some of your friends on myspace said it had the 3.8. I could careless what it has under it. It's your car, your the only one that has to be happy with it.

Yes, I've seen some go through the "pile of junk and make it fast" stage, but most of the vehicles I've had, I'd be scared to get them going over 100. 4x4s aren't meant to go that fast on the road. My s-10 has the ZQ8 suspension, but is just the 2.slow 5speed. It's my version of a Civic. Good on gas and you can still throw crap in the bed.

That was my friend Mike Drepak. He's like... the druggie friend that is always an @ss even if he's friends with you. lol. He went in their and said it's probably a V6, because he thought that's what the decal on the car said and he didn't even know I bought a car yet so I didn't tell him anything about it.
The car IS a formula.. I have no reason to lie about that.:)

I have a picture of the speedo if you like. It has the 150mph speedo, which only came in the formulas.

Ruby Soho
12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
the problem is, a civic is not a good base. if you want power, handling, looks, get a mustang (or something in that category)

its basically the same as quads.. the civic would equal a 250ex, and a mustang would equal a 450r.. now a 250ex would be good for putting around, trail riding and what not. and the 450r would be great for modifying, racing and what not...

civics are barbie cars.

12-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Just for reference,

These are the original formula stickers and here's right after I washed it in my driveway.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/Hondamaster5505/trucks/MyFirebird009.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/Hondamaster5505/trucks/MyFirebird013.jpg

12-22-2009, 08:44 PM
the problem is, a civic is not a good base. if you want power, handling, looks, get a mustang (or something in that category)

its basically the same as quads.. the civic would equal a 250ex, and a mustang would equal a 450r.. now a 250ex would be good for putting around, trail riding and what not. and the 450r would be great for modifying, racing and what not...

civics are barbie cars.

I've never met someone more confused in my life. Do you realize how many girls drive mustangs?!?!?! WHY? because they are just that a sporty little thing for girls.

12-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I've never met someone more confused in my life. Do you realize how many girls drive mustangs?!?!?! WHY? because they are just that a sporty little thing for girls.

haha that sporty little thing will spank your barbie car:chinese: :p

Ruby Soho
12-22-2009, 08:47 PM
yeah maybe v6 automatic mustangs. i was also using a mustang as an example, you could go with a camaro, firebird, gto, anything muscle. something that has, you know, potential unlike a 4 banger rice patty on wheels.

the lugs on my truck take more torque than a civic makes.

12-22-2009, 08:48 PM
yeah maybe v6 automatic mustangs. i was also using a mustang as an example, you could go with a camaro, firebird, gto, anything muscle. something that has, you know, potential unlike a 4 banger rice patty on wheels.

How do they not snap!?! Please take a video of you torquing them down that much!!!

Ruby Soho
12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
an f250 superduty takes 150-165ft-lbs on the lugs.

a civic makes 123ft-lbs

rest my case.

12-22-2009, 09:12 PM
an f250 superduty takes 150-165ft-lbs on the lugs.

a civic makes 123ft-lbs

rest my case.

An older Civic may make that but the best older motor a Civic ever had was the B16B. Was this supposed to be offensive?

12-22-2009, 09:16 PM

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6S8WOq_ouw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6S8WOq_ouw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Just sayin...

extremeblastr
12-22-2009, 09:17 PM
An older Civic may make that but the best older motor a Civic ever had was the B16B. Was this supposed to be offensive?

holy hell he makes a comment you ask for proof he posts the numbers and somehow hes takin a shot at you. GROW THE HELL UP there is a difference between arguing and being a total dbag.

ben300
12-22-2009, 09:23 PM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6S8WOq_ouw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6S8WOq_ouw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Just sayin...

lets be realistic...that doest even constitute as a civic anymore....the onlything thats basically civic on that thing is the engine block...which probably has been moddfied as well...thats a frankenstein car...a cyborg...

...have you ever heard of john shepherd?

12-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ben300
lets be realistic...that doest even constitute as a civic anymore....the onlything thats basically civic on that thing is the engine block...which probably has been moddfied as well...thats a frankenstein car...a cyborg...

...have you ever heard of john shepherd?

key point, we were talking torque thats a Civic. We werent talking 1/4 mile times. Thats the same chassis and everything from a Civic just reinforced with a roll cage and what not. and yes I have, 7 second Talon.

Ruby Soho
12-22-2009, 09:30 PM
ill show you torque.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKUACSlIRCU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKUACSlIRCU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ben300
12-22-2009, 09:31 PM
key point, we were talking torque thats a Civic. We werent talking 1/4 mile times. Thats the same chassis and everything from a Civic just reinforced with a roll cage and what not. and yes I have, 7 second Talon.

thats probaly not a stock chasis...its probalby a tube chasis wiht wtih most of the original body pannels placed on it similar to a shep car.....

and thats not a civic..it once was a civic...now its a honda with 10 of thousands put into it

and if your gonna campare torque of a civic..why dotn you just psot a video of a bone stock civic...not some freaky *** creation that a buch of crack addics crreated cause they have nothing better to do with their parents money

and yes i know what the difference between a civic and a talon is...i wasnt born yesterday...i was just asking if you have herd of shep...god your a tool

ben300
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
ruby....now thats the real deal there.... real engines dont have spark plugs

12-22-2009, 09:42 PM
ill show you torque.

and i'll show you handling

12-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Think this picture is irrelevant? This car shares the same motor that is in my car.

extremeblastr
12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
LMFAO no it shares a motor based on the one in your car. you feel the need to stretch the truth to the absolute limit, try being rational some time.

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Tim Lynch

6s on a 10.5 inch tire, thats rediculous, especially for driving a girls car right?

show me a faster civic

and it doesn't matter how nice your ricer is or if it costs 150 grand and you think it handles like an F1 car, you CANNOT put a price on having a good sounding v8 pure american muscle car. i don't care if its a $2000 LT1 its an american made muscle car, i'll take it over almost any import 4 banger. pisses me off when people praise civics and carollas and neons, cause its always younger kids who haven't matured enough yet to realize. how many 40 year olds do you know into the import tuner scene? theres a reason for that answer. wisdom

ben300
12-22-2009, 09:59 PM
not quite....honda engines in formula 1 were 90 degree 2.4l V8's with 19k redlines, that were night and days differetn than a b series motor...

and the indy car engines are simlar...

totally different than whats in your honda...

12-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
LMFAO no it shares a motor based on the one in your car. you feel the need to stretch the truth to the absolute limit, try being rational some time.

No it shares the B18CR setup by TODA, I can buy those same parts.

I would also like to add:
Piston speed of a Ferrari F1-2000 (the championship-winning, 2000-season F1 car) at 18,000 rpm: 4890 feet/minute.

at 8550RPM i'm at 4892 ft/min and if I rev it out to the cut 5092 ft/min. I want to make my car rev out to 9228RPM so it will litterally rev a mile a minute. You cant say thats not impressive for an internally stock motor.

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:08 PM
i stand corrected thats a formula 3 car, which does run 2 to 4 cylinder engines, which you are correct..

hower ever...i dotn not believe that you are going to be able to go and jut buy the parts needed to make your engine the same that is in a $100k plus F3 or F3000 car....sorry, not happening

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
i stand corrected thats a formula 3 car, which does run 2 to 4 cylinder engines, which you are correct..

hower ever...i dotn not believe that you are going to be able to go and jut buy the parts needed to make your engine the same that is in a $100k plus F3 or F3000 car....sorry, not happening

no but he doesn't need to his cars just as fast.

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
No it shares the B18CR setup by TODA, I can buy those same parts.

I would also like to add:
Piston speed of a Ferrari F1-2000 (the championship-winning, 2000-season F1 car) at 18,000 rpm: 4890 feet/minute.

at 8550RPM i'm at 4892 ft/min and if I rev it out to the cut 5092 ft/min. I want to make my car rev out to 9228RPM so it will litterally rev a mile a minute. You cant say thats not impressive for an internally stock motor.

im not quite sure where you converting a revolution into a certain distance, you would have to know the circumfrence of the circle that the crank rotates in to calculate that into a known distance....

also...how does 18k rpm = 4890 ft/m while 8550 rpm = 4890 ft/m as well? your numbers dont add up...also...do you understand what revolutions per minute is...its one 360 degree revolution of the crank per period of given time, times that many times in a minute...so that means that a crank on an f1 car revolves 18000 times a minute...i would seriously like to see your b series motor do that....i would also like to see your motor, hold its self at its redline for 90 laps straight around something liek spa francorchamps and see how impressive it is after that. because thats what formula cars do...they are maxed all the tiem during a run....

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
no but he doesn't need to his cars just as fast.

ya your right

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
never before in my entire life have i heard someone compare their civic to a formula 1 car. :eek2:

Ruby Soho
12-22-2009, 10:24 PM
i can't believe this kid is comparing his chink mobile to a formula 3.

this is just stupid now.

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:26 PM
never before in my entire life have i heard someone compare their civic to a formula 1 car. :eek2:

there is and always will be a first for everything....

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 10:30 PM
as highly as he talks about his car we still haven't seen any pics or videos

gcart2
12-22-2009, 10:42 PM
as highly as he talks about his car we still haven't seen any pics or videos

oh god please dont do that. that will just give him another argument about his camera and how it zooms 400 times faster and is 300lbs lighter then ours... :rolleyes:

this kid is a disgrace. i believe you are involved in three threads right now, arguing, about NOTHING!! one you created so you could be flamed:confused: really?

dude, get in your taco and do something impressive. i honestly dont care how fast your taco is. i dont care at all. this thread has NOTHING to do with how fast your taco is. But you Insist on telling everyone. why not go over to a taco forum and gloat. maybe because you will meet fellow taco's who know something bout their turds too? maybe they will even know more then you. oh god no! I have never seen someone who is so proud of owning a piece of ****. it doesnt matter how much money you drop into it, its still, a honda civic. a taco.

pappy can we make a banner, like an advertisement across the top of the page for him. im currently making his gay pride, i mean taco pride banner. we can run that. hell ill even pay a few bucks a month if it will shut him up.

You were banned once for a reason.

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:42 PM
so he can buy himself all the parts needed to turn his engine into an F3 engine...but its completely irrelivant cause all that **** was designed to go in a formula chasis that wweights next to nothign, probalby produces a few thousand pounds of downforce at 100+ and is rear wheel drive.....

not a 2400 pound civic thats front wheel drive hand has no areodynamic efficiency

remix92
12-22-2009, 10:44 PM
lol this thread is ridiculous you can never compare a civic to a formula one car that's a joke.. i would rather be in american muscle anyday but anything can be made fast this video is a good example of that.. but with the money to get that car there i would much rather be in built v8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgabmgutHI&feature=related

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:46 PM
You were banned once for a reason.

i knew it...i ****ing knew it....he was that kid that a lil less than a year ago got banned after a argument about adding a few parts would make his civic insanely fast, that eventually turned into like a 30 something page thread/agrument....

..insane..

gcart2
12-22-2009, 10:47 PM
i knew it...i ****ing knew it....he was that kid that a lil less than a year ago got banned after a argument about adding a few parts would make his civic insanely fast, that eventually turned into like a 30 something page thread/agrument....

..insane..

foxhondarider...

hes an idiot. always has been.

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:52 PM
foxhondarider...

hes an idiot. always has been.

yup, thats the guy....started arguing with him about this stuff in that thread and he went totally bonkers....went on until he finally got banned... i c that he has done some reading since then

gcart2
12-22-2009, 10:56 PM
yup, thats the guy....started arguing with him about this stuff in that thread and he went totally bonkers....went on until he finally got banned... i c that he has done some reading since then

you would think he would grow up some too. :rolleyes:

he keeps this up theyll just ban him again. ;)

ben300
12-22-2009, 10:59 PM
you would think he would grow up some too. :rolleyes:

he keeps this up theyll just ban him again. ;)

maybe this time they'll lock him out

gcart2
12-22-2009, 11:05 PM
maybe this time they'll lock him out

o im sure. He has had a number of threads locked. starts arguments in 9/10 threads he enters. just not smart.

o well, all we can do is watch him ask for his own punishment. maybe he will freak out again like last time. :p

ben300
12-22-2009, 11:07 PM
o im sure. He has had a number of threads locked. starts arguments in 9/10 threads he enters. just not smart.

o well, all we can do is watch him ask for his own punishment. maybe he will freak out again like last time. :p

..ya for sure..i went back and found that thread and read waht got him banned...makes me laugh pretty hard now

extremeblastr
12-22-2009, 11:09 PM
..ya for sure..i went back and found that thread and read waht got him banned...makes me laugh pretty hard now

lmao please link the thread i remember it but don't feel like searching it

gcart2
12-22-2009, 11:09 PM

yea. post it up if you dont mind. im actually about to hit the hay sack. but still id love to see it. or pm it to me. thanks bub.

:)

12-23-2009, 12:46 AM
dude, get in your taco and do something impressive. i honestly dont care how fast your taco is. i dont care at all. this thread has NOTHING to do with how fast your taco is. But you Insist on telling everyone. why not go over to a taco forum and gloat. maybe because you will meet fellow taco's who know something bout their turds too? maybe they will even know more then you. oh god no! I have never seen someone who is so proud of owning a piece of ****. it doesnt matter how much money you drop into it, its still, a honda civic. a taco.

pappy can we make a banner, like an advertisement across the top of the page for him. im currently making his gay pride, i mean taco pride banner. we can run that. hell ill even pay a few bucks a month if it will shut him up.

I dont have a Tacoma so I am seriously confused here.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-23-2009, 05:40 AM
ok guys i found a nice civic which i can afford

heres the specs

1998 civic

1.5 ek3 vtec 3dr hatch

tenzo r front strut brace

bodykit

bluetooth cd player

interior is spotless

central locking

air con

electric windows

long arm induction kit

nct'd til 21/12/2011pass

tinted windows

taxed til march 2010

sunstrip in pic now removed for test.

new front brake pads and brake fluid

new clutch fluid

so what do u guys think

IRISH-RACER-14
12-23-2009, 05:42 AM
pic 1

IRISH-RACER-14
12-23-2009, 05:43 AM
??

IRISH-RACER-14
12-23-2009, 05:44 AM
last one

quadrcr161
12-23-2009, 05:55 AM
looks pretty good except for the rear bumper but be sure to check it out under the hood very well. the main problem with buying a used honda, mainly one with any mods is usually its been beaten on pretty hard and they are selling it because its about to have problems.

and flewby,you are a ricer, i change my mind, a fart can and intake dosent make up a ricer, its someone who thinks they have gods gift to cars and they know everything weather its someone who has a import or not. just because you have a honda dosent make you god to honda and a honda know it all. you might have a nice car, i dunno but anyone can bolt togeather a civic.

gcart2
12-23-2009, 06:32 AM
I dont have a Tacoma so I am seriously confused here.

please tell me that was a joke :huh

Originally posted by quadrcr161
and flewby,you are a ricer, i change my mind, a fart can and intake dosent make up a ricer, its someone who thinks they have gods gift to cars and they know everything weather its someone who has a import or not. just because you have a honda dosent make you god to honda and a honda know it all. you might have a nice car, i dunno but anyone can bolt togeather a civic.

pretty well put man.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-23-2009, 07:01 AM
this thread has got way out of hand and its gone onto a new subject:rolleyes:

ridered11
12-23-2009, 07:27 AM
http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/YouSuck.jpg

quadrcr161
12-23-2009, 07:42 AM

How many miles are on that hatch? how much are they asking?IMO i would put it back to stock as far as the body kit, and drop it an inch and a half, and start upgrading the suspension. the car looks pretty clean but again check out the motor trans and suspension. check to see how the tires are wearing and things like that. over all it looks like a straight lil car.

ben300
12-23-2009, 07:50 AM
hey gcart.....heres that link

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=373709&perpage=10&pagenumber=23

gcart2
12-23-2009, 08:25 AM
yep thats him. I guess he studied fast and furious while he was banned. :p

ben300
12-23-2009, 08:34 AM
yep thats him. I guess he studied fast and furious while he was banned. :p

for sure

UNBROKEN
12-23-2009, 08:39 AM

and it doesn't matter how nice your ricer is or if it costs 150 grand and you think it handles like an F1 car, you CANNOT put a price on having a good sounding v8 pure american muscle car. i don't care if its a $2000 LT1 its an american made muscle car, i'll take it over almost any import 4 banger. pisses me off when people praise civics and carollas and neons, cause its always younger kids who haven't matured enough yet to realize. how many 40 year olds do you know into the import tuner scene? theres a reason for that answer. wisdom

AMEN brother u cant beat the sound of a v8 and THERES NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT , yes u can add turbos and laughing gas to ure 4 banger but what happens when i add those same mods to my BBC ? uhhh ohhh :D mod for mod all i can say is good luck with ure 4 banger

american muscle FTW : <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IufA3QkIbk0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IufA3QkIbk0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12-23-2009, 11:22 AM
A modded civic is like you saying you're gay. It'll suprise a few people at first, but at the end of the day you're still a ***got..

Flyin_250r
12-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I think a riced out civic is equal to an idiot putting dual exhaust and gt emblems on a v6 mustang or even the old LX mustangs... irregardless no matter what kind of car there is out there... some fool has made one look retarded im sure

jesseweaver
12-23-2009, 12:17 PM

thats cause you said you already have your mind made up, it was a pretty pointless thread in the begining if you already knew what you want.

Jersey450R
12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojB7KkaR03I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojB7KkaR03I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IRISH-RACER-14
12-23-2009, 02:13 PM
cheap car and will get me from a 2 b and will look well and it will look well at that

end of story

12-23-2009, 08:18 PM
please tell me that was a joke :huh

no i'm not joking. you keep saying Taco but I dont have a Tacoma. Seriously confused. You have the wrong person.

represent618
12-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I cant even count the annoying loud civics that have tried to race me on the way to/from work over the years.....

the boosted pontiac leaves them in a "parking lot" wondering what just happened...love it :) for a daily driver

that said they are reliable transportation, but the kids with pipes and cold air intakes have really gave them an immature reputation.

Live by this and you`ll be OK:
there is no replacement for displacement
there is no substitute for cubic inches

sure you`ll use a little more gas, but hey live life with some ponies under the hood!!

bomberman
12-24-2009, 07:44 AM
thats cause you said you already have your mind made up, it was a pretty pointless thread in the begining if you already knew what you want.

Hes a paddy what do you expect.

fasterblaster09
12-24-2009, 07:56 AM
You know, as soon as I seen this thread I knew there would be some ignorant people bringing up "fart cans" or "dont race". Can you just shut up and say what you think about the car in general????? I only read first and last page and can see the douches that had smart comments in here

my opinion- a civic is a good car and will most likely last a very long time. good luck with your decision.

Ruby Soho
12-24-2009, 08:35 AM
i was the first to bring that stuff up, and i was also the first to state my opinion on the car, i don't classify myself as a douche for doing so:rolleyes:

fasterblaster09
12-24-2009, 09:44 AM
It was more directed towards the ones who keep on in the thread talking about it. This arguement has been argued many many times by the same people. I know it is rediculous when any car as a matter of fact, not just civic, has a rediculous body kit and what not. But it's their car. He didn't ask about opinions on what to do to a civic, he asked if it was a good car. Flewby has a nice clean civic, those look good. So why is everyone arguing with him?? He is saying he likes civic, obviously, and they can be fast. Jesseweaver for example, doesnt like civics, and doesn't shut up about it !? We know this because we have read MULTIPLE threads about it, and not just him, just no use saying names because they will be right everytime, as im sure you know

12-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by represent618
Live by this and you`ll be OK:
there is no replacement for displacement
there is no substitute for cubic inches

sure you`ll use a little more gas, but hey live life with some ponies under the hood!!

Boost, replacement for displacement. A turbo you can have 500HP and still get 20+ MPG

fastredrider44
12-24-2009, 11:09 AM
This is a funny thread.:o

IcutMetl
12-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Man there's just something for everyone in this thread, isn't there!! A lot of people sure seem to be getting their panties in a bunch. That looks like a clean little hatchback- I definitely wouldn't be afraid to drive any Civic for a first car, or a second, third...etc.

I grew out of the rice look a LONG time ago and do get a laugh at the soup can mufflers on automatic trannied, stock 4-cyl. cars. I think big wings look silly unless they serve a purpose on a race track. I would bet that 80% of these people at some point will grow up and hopefully realize what a waste of money a lot of it has been.

That being said, I'm all about making something unique and am definitely a function over form guy. A lot of us forget that just because we think something looks or sounds completely rediculous, dosen't mean the next person doesn't get a big kick out of it. As long as it puts a smile on your face and doesn't get ya killed...I say have at it. Everyone is different and has different tastes...that's what makes the world go 'round! Some people are bound to have the opinion that their C23PO engine in their snatchback Civic is the greatest thing since sliced bread...just as much as the next guy likes a oversized, inefficient hunk of shaking american iron between the front tires.

Personally, I think cool is cool and horsepower is horsepower no matter what corner of the globe it comes from. I'm a huge fan of Hondas...I'm also a fan (among others) of Shelby Cobras, 67-69 Camaros, NSX's, 360 Modenas, M3's, and anything that blows black smoke out a 5" tailpipe!

12-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Boost, replacement for displacement. A turbo you can have 500HP and still get 20+ MPG

How is boost, a replacement for displacement, if you can boost a bigger motor and get close to 600-700 easily?

Once again.. no replacement for displacement.

250x_kyle
12-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm not into quads much anymore.

then get off this site. nobody likes a whiny kid with a civic that isnt into quads anymore. this message board is for quads. not people to get into arguments over there car. my friends 4 year old will gladly line up agains your car with her peddal bike training wheels and all and still put in a better quarter mile time.

12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
How is boost, a replacement for displacement, if you can boost a bigger motor and get close to 600-700 easily?

Once again.. no replacement for displacement.

insert facepalm

Originally posted by 250x_kyle
then get off this site. nobody likes a whiny kid with a civic that isnt into quads anymore. this message board is for quads. not people to get into arguments over there car. my friends 4 year old will gladly line up agains your car with her peddal bike training wheels and all and still put in a better quarter mile time.

this is the open forum and bring it on lmao I will hand over my keys to someone that can run a 14 flat in the 1/4 mile pedaling a bike.

XCRacer236
12-24-2009, 12:29 PM

this is the open forum

open forum for GENERAL ATV DISCUSSION!

GOD we need a "BAN HIM" smiley.

fastredrider44
12-24-2009, 01:12 PM
How about if we pretend to pedal on our bike? I'm pretty sure my sumo can do better than 14 flat in the quarter.:blah: No discussion necessary on that. Just playin.:devil:

jesseweaver
12-24-2009, 01:30 PM
insert facepalm

what do you mean, "insert facepalm" ???!! you just get completely told and thats all you can say? please explain, i'd love to hear what you can come up with this time.

XCRacer236
12-24-2009, 01:40 PM
what do you mean, "insert facepalm" ???!! you just get completely told and thats all you can say? please explain, i'd love to hear what you can come up with this time.

i think we all would.

can we get a stickie where we ask FlewByU questions and he answers them!?

Sjorge450R
12-24-2009, 02:52 PM
and kids, this is why you dont buy a honda civic.

12-24-2009, 03:55 PM
boost is a replacement for displacement. your telling me you can build a couple thousand HP naturally aspirated motor that fits in a regular car? It would take a motor so huge in displacement it wouldnt fit. This isnt boosted 4 cylinder vs boosted V8 its a fact that you have a limit on engine displacement and boost is a replacement for displacement. Your using forced induction to make a 2L = to say an 8L or a 6L = to maybe a 15L.

12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
LOL you are the BIGGEST moron I have EVER met.

You mean to tell me, if they had a boosted V8 in a civic, and a boosted 4cyl, that the 4cyl would be faster? My god you're an idiot.

That's the lamest excuse I have ever heard of a comeback. You're basically saying "Well civics dont have V8's and they don't fit"

You're comparing apples to oranges. You're saying that a boosted 4cy beats 8cyl's. But when we mention boosted 8's, we're idiots?

Why? Because we're comparing the two motors mod for mod?

There IS NO replacement for displacement. Mod for mod, the larger displacement motor will win. END OF STORY.

Go do everyone a favor and kill yourself..

trick450r
12-24-2009, 04:19 PM

You mean to tell me, if they had a boosted V8 in a civic, and a boosted 4cyl, that the 4cyl would be faster? My god you're an idiot.

That's the lamest excuse I have ever heard of a comeback. You're basically saying "Well civics dont have V8's and they don't fit"

You're comparing apples to oranges. You're saying that a boosted 4cy beats 8cyl's. But when we mention boosted 8's, we're idiots?

There IS NO replacement for displacement. Mod for mod, the larger displacement motor will win. END OF STORY.

Why do you think people boost bikes,quads, snowmobiles, boats, pitbikes, go karts, go peds, coffee makers, toasters, lounge chairs?

Should everyone just drop a SB in their vehicle of choice prior to boosting it?

Let it go.

martnmx288
12-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I think what FLEWBYU352 is trying to say is that if you want a 500 hp ride you could either build a V-8 or Boost a 1.8L. Therefore in that case the boost is replacing the need for larger displacement. If you had endless motor and boost obviously bigger is better. Bigger engine enables you to spool a bigger turbo thus increasing the results of boost. But if you have a common HP goal in mind either way will work just fine. All a matter of what you are into... ;)

hondariderdylan
12-24-2009, 04:28 PM
can one of the mods just lock this already.

its almost to the point of getting aggravating even if it is entertaining.

12-24-2009, 04:33 PM

I never said a thing to make it a pissing match. I just said boost is a replacement for displacement. Never called anyone an idiot for boosting a V8. Look at my post. I said you cant make a couple thousand HP NA car without forced induction. A motor to make that power would need a huge amount of displacement and the room isnt available. I should add that to my sig there is no replacement for displacement according to Eric in PA lol Dont make me get the banshees I like demz picture out.