PDA

View Full Version : 400ex HMF slip-on....

DareDevilQracer
01-19-2003, 08:27 PM
I am trying to decide ona slip on with the best low-mid range power. If I get a HMF I think I will get what I need. I was wondering if anyone knows how loud they are? How much does the quiet core insert help? I would use the qqi in the woods, but take it out when i got to the track. thanks

jb400exxx
01-19-2003, 08:33 PM
the HMF slip-on is good. a freind of mine has it. it's kinda loud but sounds nice. it's a REALLY deep sound. i don't thinks it's as loud as a T-4 though. i was told the quiet core is garbage. a quiet core for all pipes are worthless. my firend used it once and he said it messed with the jetting really bad, he said he thought it was gonna blow up. if you wanna be quiet stay with stock. i say get it and when u feel like being quiet just put the stock pipe back on, and change the jetting back. if you get the quiet core you would have to change the jetting a little lower.

Porkchop
01-19-2003, 10:18 PM
I have a HMF slip-on on order which should be in this week sometime, I'll let you know how I like it, I ordered it because everyone said it sounds really loud but deep, and thats what I want :D

Justin330ex
01-19-2003, 10:32 PM
where do you order hmf pipes from
besides rec. unlimited

Porkchop
01-19-2003, 11:22 PM
I ordered mine from the quadshop, you can also order them direct from HMF