PDA

View Full Version : Hotcams

Springbok
12-21-2009, 02:19 AM
I have a Athena big bore kit with hi-comp piston and head ported.Power commander 3 with Dasa full system. I use the quad for offroad racing.Bottom to mid on the quad is just awesome! If I change the intake cam to a 1st stage Hotcam,will I loose some of the bottom end and will there be any gain from the cam. Guys who have done it,what can you tell me?? Is it worth the cash??

bosshogg1
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
hey man that sounds like you have a beast on your hands is that kit a 500, an I'm trying to do the same thing I'm working with a cylinder works kit stage 1 intake hotcam, port/polish, titanium valves, 06 bottom end, with the trinity efi, with a yosh rs-5 slip-on, but I want to go with a full system, and a power commander she's getting a new makeover

Springbok
12-23-2009, 11:48 PM
It is a 493cc kit. The nice thing about the work done and the PC3 is-I changed to 20" rear tyres and have 14/37 sprocket combination. In std spec. the quad does/nt rev out in top gear,but with the big bore you have enough power to run the sprocket combination and the quad revs out in top gear. It really pulls strong on the bottom end. After 5-8 hours in the seat,it is really a handfull? Photo of my baby!