PDA

View Full Version : Blown Clutch

jasonanderson1
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey, what are sign's of a blown clutch? I feel like i have less power thne i did previous, although my quads only 5 monhts old but i have rode it alot. It has been icy lately and I no that my tires could be slipping somewhat, but i feel like i lost power. My speedometer used to say 149 km when theyre was no snow, but now the most ive seen is around 110km is it time for a new clutch? if so what parts would i need??

Thanks in advance, Jason.

monster400ex
12-21-2009, 11:56 AM
if your clutch was blown im pretty sure you wouldn't move it would be slipping.
and having trouble shifting depending on how bad it is but seeing its that new then i dont think it would be the clutch
i just replaced the clutch on a 99 idk if its been replaced before but it was still grabbing fine just really hard to pull in i kept snapping clutch lines, if you wanna do the clutch buy a honda clutch with the clutch, the friction disks, and springs and a gasket plus the stock clutch line is way better than the ****ty motion pro such a huge difference between the two and a ez pull lever i have the moose one works great i can pull the clutch in with my pinky its so easy

jasonanderson1
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Ok my options of for clutches are eitehr OEM honda or Barrnett. I hear good things about hte barrnett but not sure u guys tell me.