PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Exhaust

BlaineKaiser450
12-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I need to know what the quietest exhaust for a 2004 450r is. My friend and i have a chance to build a private track on a perfect piece of land, but there are some houses nearby and I don't want to be a disturbance. I plan on making an adapter and mating my quiet Dasa header with a quiet slip on to get the least amount of noise possible. Power isn't that much of an issue, because I will be running my full Dasa at all tracks and races. The quiet setup is just for during the week. Brand is not an issue either.

Butter
12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Stock with baffle. That will be your quietest system, but I know we all hate stock pipes, so I would say any XC pipe. Like White Brothers XCR, I had a LeoVince that was opened up, but still wasn't overly loud. HMF makes some low sound level pipes. I'm sure some XC guys will come on and give you exact answers. But from one MX guy to another, that would be my guess.

BlaineKaiser450
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
oh god i HATE the stocker haha. I was kinda looking at the Leo Vince. Im hoping to get under 90 with my header and i think that ones 93 so thats close

Butter
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah its got a great sound. At idle its barely noticeable. And again, they have a quiet insert in the end cap new. Mine was out and again, was not that loud. Has a great throaty sound once your riding, and overall a great pipe. I would still be running mine on my practice bike, but I picked up a TwoBrothers and when I was making the switch, found the LeoVince started to crack (bought it in pretty rough shape. mounting tab broke etc)

BlaineKaiser450
12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
okay sweet! thanks man! looks like ill be picking up one of their slip ons sometime soon

Honda4life05
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
you could check out the fmf q4