PDA

View Full Version : should i swap spindles hubs brakes???

250rPRIDE
12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
i got a 2001 400ex on a trade deal. but anyways that dont matter, but i am just selling it because its a little ruff, should i swap the spindles brakes hubs calipers ect.. out on my 88. stock for stock. ya i know you can buy adaptors to keep the dual piston calipers off the r but i can afford 150 bucks for them plus i need something to put back on the ex...
so should i swap em out all stock set up for stock set up??
thanks guys

deathman53
12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
If you are gonna swap them, you gotta do something for the 400ex to sell it and if you aren't gonna buy adapters, putting 400ex brakes on is like a down-grade. I wouldn't do it. If you are, buy a 400ex spindle/hub and brake caliper adapters for 250r brakes, you might be able to get a good deal on ebay for that stuff.

dustin_j
12-21-2009, 07:11 AM
I've read on here that someone put yfz calipers onto 400ex spindles (& hubs) and they bolted right on. I've been curious why only one person has done this if it's that easy; maybe a 250r guy wants to try it to verify it'll work?

Honda 250r 001
12-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by dustin_j
I've read on here that someone put yfz calipers onto 400ex spindles (& hubs) and they bolted right on. I've been curious why only one person has done this if it's that easy; maybe a 250r guy wants to try it to verify it'll work?

WOW that would be a life saver, ill have to look into taht! I have a friend with a yfz. Ill measure and see if its even close.

250rPRIDE
12-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
If you are gonna swap them, you gotta do something for the 400ex to sell it and if you aren't gonna buy adapters, putting 400ex brakes on is like a down-grade. I wouldn't do it. If you are, buy a 400ex spindle/hub and brake caliper adapters for 250r brakes, you might be able to get a good deal on ebay for that stuff.

ya thats what i was saying i really dont have the money for adaptors now, or the time to find a used set. so a even up swap isnt worth it?.. i wasnt sure what i would be gaining other than a alum spindle.. oh well it was worth asking about i guess. thanks guys.
and keep us posted on the yfz calipers sounds like a good swap!!