PDA

View Full Version : Dome Help!

axellmusic19
12-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I have a 16cc dome from pro design for my lt250r and i am curious to know if it will fit the duncan PTR powerhead. Thanks! Also if there are any other heads out there that will accept the pro design dome let me know please.

axellmusic19
12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I have found a head from pro design themselves but I am not able to find them without the domes and do not know what octane level I will need for the 16cc dome. I know race gas is required at 17cc or below but how much that is, Im not sure.

LTandRaptorider
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I have a 17cc dome on my LT250R. It was part of the engine kit that LRD did to my LT. They recommended 110 octane, so I always run the VP C12, which is 112 octane. Expensive gas, but the engine is much more expensive! ;)

As for a Pro Design dome fitting a Duncan head, I do not know. Check out quadracer hq, lots of info on these quads there.

Quadzilla2win
12-22-2009, 10:13 AM
if you cant get 110 at the very least run av gas (100). if you have an airport near by you'll be able to get some plus it's only like 3 bucks a gallon. dont go any higher. Just because its higher octane doesnt mean it will make your bike run better. Higher octane gas burns slower and if your compression isn't high enough the higher octane gas will make your bike run worst.

never mix race gas with pump gas to cut it down.