PDA

View Full Version : How to repack bearing carrier?

Balaz_73*00
12-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Need some advice on how to repack the carrier. I was pounding on it with sockets to try and push the bearings out and nothing. Maybe Im not doing it right. Any advice is appreciated

eastside 400
12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
easiest way to get the bearings out is to put it in a old toaster oven to heat it up, then tap it on the ground and they come right out. or you can heat it with a torch. to do it without heating it, you have to push the center tube to one side so you can get to the inside edge of the bearing and hit it out, they dont both push through one way, they go in from each side and bottom out. I hope you have new bearings for it because you cannot really repack the carrier and you will wreck the bearings getting them out

Balaz_73*00
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Well yea that's what I meant, repack it with new bearings..il give that a try

Balaz_73*00
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
So I slid the center tube over and it only leaves a little edge of the bearing..your saying just use a flathead and tap my way around? Seems like there should be another way

wykyd450R
12-20-2009, 08:27 PM
That's about the only way without heating it, unless you have a bearing puller. I have always used screwdrivers. Be careful though, you can bust the carrier if not careful.