PDA

View Full Version : Help with snow ridding1q

jasonanderson1
12-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone i was jsut riding in snow all streets, i have stock tires still and we had enough snow that we who were riding were the only ones on the street. My friends utilty quad was infront of me most of the time. When id really have the throttle down nothing i be reddling at about mid end throttle. And most of my gears all had the same power it seemed, theyre was also ice frozen in my tread. Could this be an enginr problem that im low on power or jsut tires are spining?

jasonanderson1
12-19-2009, 08:00 PM
like my throttle would only be at like 1.5 the way when id be hitting the rev limiter...could it be my stock tires with ice frizen in them just spinning on ice and snow? or an egine problem? thanx in advance.

storms400ex
12-19-2009, 08:01 PM
maybe clutch slipping

jasonanderson1
12-19-2009, 08:02 PM
id feel my clutch slippping. I could shift and move fine just im not sure if my tires were spinning cuz of **** tread or if it was an engine probkem in having les power.

bigbad400
12-20-2009, 06:39 AM
you were polly just spining snow will rob you of all your power, its bean known to overwork machines, you need to get better tires thow too. them stockers suck

jasonanderson1
12-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
you were polly just spining snow will rob you of all your power, its bean known to overwork machines, you need to get better tires thow too. them stockers suck

Well i had a pair of holeshots on my beadlocks but m friend popped them. yea i think it was the snow. Me and my friend were riding doubles on his 400 to go get mine at my friends house we were pinned in 4 and couldnt stop we tried to turn down shifted to first and dumped the clutch and sqeezed all brakes but nothing happened. We went thru brick wall 3 feet of the ground adn got messed up. I fell off the quad went over me in the air with my friend on it and he broke somthing in his leg i broke my thumb and screwed my knee up. ever time i ride with him i get hurt, last time i broke my ribs haha. We only bent a bent a bumper a rim and a tie rod tho so it wasnt that big of deal.
After we got up changed out a blown fuse and kept riding.

bigbad400
12-20-2009, 07:33 AM
wrap fun noodles around your rim and use your flat holeshots. they will work good. i use dick cepex spider tracks for the snow, flat and full of fun noodles. 22 inchers too. none better so far.

jasonanderson1
12-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
wrap fun noodles around your rim and use your flat holeshots. they will work good. i use dick cepex spider tracks for the snow, flat and full of fun noodles. 22 inchers too. none better so far.

Wat do u mean by fun noodles? and how am i guna ride with flat hole shots???

bigbad400
12-20-2009, 07:58 AM
they work about the same as tire balls. there a runflat foam thing you put in your tires. fun noodles are the things that look like a big noodle for kids at the beach. they float. they work awsome in the snow cuz your tire can flex and bite real good. you should google tire balls. i think there on the bkt performance site too in the forums section. also they sell ski kits on ebay for the winter too if you ride alot in the snow. look into them tire balls thow or fun noodles alot of racers use something of the sorts.

jasonanderson1
12-20-2009, 08:04 AM
oh yea i no wat u mean...il have to try that i hope it works...but im getting new tires for my beadlocks for christmans.

katch26
12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
eeehhh I dont know about the fun noodles. YES racers use them and yes they do work in the event that you pop a tire you can finish a race but you're not really going to have much success using them as a run flat in a wheel already blown.

jasonanderson1
12-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by katch26
eeehhh I dont know about the fun noodles. YES racers use them and yes they do work in the event that you pop a tire you can finish a race but you're not really going to have much success using them as a run flat in a wheel already blown.

thats what i thought.