PDA

View Full Version : Oh Crap......

fastrnrik
12-19-2009, 03:19 PM
So, I was out working on our track at my house and had a little "mishap" while putting some rocks around the edge of the pond. I was on my last rock too! LOL
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pookiepickle/Ryland%20Mini/Backhoe/IMG_1655.jpg

Honda 250r 001
12-19-2009, 03:26 PM
:O Were you ok? i bet that scared the **** out of you when it tipped haha

XXX -rider
12-19-2009, 03:35 PM
woah , ..***** happens ...you OK ?

woodsracer144
12-19-2009, 05:50 PM
does she have a Hoe on the back? you can tip your self back up! i about **** my self when i tipped the skidder foward once and when i tipped backward...

250rPRIDE
12-19-2009, 08:06 PM
damnn that could have been really bad.. just feel lucky to be laughing about it, tipping over any type of heavy equipment can be deadly real fast, even though they are slow moving, thats a lot of weight.. did you have your belt on, or a death grip on the wheel!!!!!!!!!!!

fastrnrik
12-19-2009, 08:32 PM
No injuries. Just a bruised ego. LOL No seat belt, I just held on tight as it went over. Flipped it back over with a dozer. Not even a scratch on the hoe.

The funny thing is, I have done dirt work for 20+ years, and owned a construction company for over 10 years. I know about how to do things, and how to do them safely. The backhoe had a low rear tire, but I was in a "hurry" and didn't bother airing it up, or wearing the seat belt. When I went down to drop my last rock, the angle of the slope, postion of the machine, and the big 'ol rock I was carrying all combined, and the right rear tire came off the wheel. When the tire blew, over she went. Fortunately it was no big deal and we can have a laugh about it, but I know better than to do dumb stuff like that, especially since I was home alone. If I would've been pinned under that machine, nobody would've found me for hours.

atv fan 28
12-19-2009, 09:10 PM
i was in a OSHA class once and the instuctor asked who was the more likely to have a accident on the job site? the new employee or the 20 year vet? of course i said the new one. but he said the statistics showed people who had been operating machinery for years were most likely to get hurt compared to those that havent. the people who had been operating longer were willing to take more risks!! im glad your alright tho!!

woodsracer144
12-19-2009, 09:21 PM
man your really lucky you didnt get pinned! :eek2: i shouldnt say anything... i was bailing a field of hay for my moms horses and they were small sqrs. well i had a wagon full and it started to rain...i just left the wagons out there and the smaller tractor we use to pull the wagons around (john deere MT) my dad ran out of gas... so fast foward 12 hours... it was done raining so i took som gas out to the MT and i had to take a full load of WET small sqrs up a steep hill with a low HP putt putt... i should have known better... the hill was grassy and wet, i started up it and i almost made it but i spun out so i just backed down and tried again but i didnt make it near is far and this time when i went down backwards i slid the hole way down... and i broke all kinds of stuff mind you i was 14 years old, my grampa was really sick in the hospital and my folks where down there makin some hard choices and stuff and i thought i would help them out and i almost killed my self! :(

what year hoe is that?

my dad worked at a place and hey got a new john deere every 2 years...

he had all kinds of sweet things around here, big dozers hig hoes, endloaders! loads of fun....