PDA

View Full Version : Question About Width

bkelley
12-19-2009, 02:40 AM
I just got a set of Burgard +2 +1 arms and I plan on getting some G-Force extended rear hubs. I was just wondering how soon I needed to do so. Will it cause any problems having the extra 4" in the front but keeping the rear stock? For that matter, are the hubs completely necessary? I want to get some regardless but if I can hold off on them for a bit I will.

Honda#4
12-19-2009, 07:15 AM
The only thing I noticed on mine was the rear end would tend to slip out from under me when taking corners and such and that was with a +3 front end so you got nothing to worry about.

I'd save up for an axle just because there stronger than those hubs but I havent heard any bad reviews on them.

bkelley
12-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah the only bad reviews I saw about them were talking about the aluminum splines they used to use. They now use steel splines in them which are a lot stronger and won't wear out. Haven't seen a bad review for the new ones yet.

honda400ex2003
12-19-2009, 03:58 PM
i run the g force 1.5 each side once in a while they seem to work good but i dont do any jumping with them. it take them off if i plan to go bigger than 10-15 ft jumps. i would get them but not as permanent fix, just as a back up for trail riding and such. I wouldnt get any wider than the 3 in total though either it gets to be too much then. just my opinion on them, steve

bkelley
12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I rarely ever do serious jumping with my bike. Mostly just trail, desert and dune riding.

honda400ex2003
12-19-2009, 09:36 PM
i guess i would rather see you get an axle anyway though, it is only nice to have as a temporary way to get some extra width on different terrain. i like them when i use them but there is always a worry in the back of your mind when you use them. i actually quit using them cause i lost a castle nut and my tire almost came off while on a trail while using them. it was a mistake on my part though i suppose not making darn sure they really tight. the nut sheared the clip right off and came loose. i got to limp it to our destination and find a make shift nut to get back. lol. although i dont blame the spacers for the mishap i just havent put them back on cause i havent really needed to. steve

bkelley
12-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Is the G-Force the best axle option as well? I'll consider an axle but I might try out the hubs since I've never really heard anything bad about them and they are 1/2 the price and 1/2 the work.

honda400ex2003
12-19-2009, 10:05 PM
by all means try out the spacers. they may be good in your situation, they were in mine, if i didnt want to hang onto mine i would sell them to you. the next best thing would be to get a g force axle for 200 and be 4 inches wider. you could get really wide if you got an axle and then put the spacers on it. lol. that would be ghetto. lol:devil: 7 inches total would be off the heesy yo. lol. steve

bkelley
12-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, bro. Then I could throw some 20" rims on it too and really be flossin'.

honda400ex2003
12-19-2009, 10:15 PM
you know it. lol. you will like them along with the arms though. steve