PDA

View Full Version : 450R quicker starting, 04/5 carbs 24 V etc

quadfmx
12-18-2009, 11:25 PM
When i first built my quad i had a kicker put on my electric and im not complaining about it cause it works,

but second point,
I have second battery box can someone point me to the post where it discuss the wiring, I see the as a mod and not something i should have to buy a kit for even though people sell some nice ones but I already have an xrta battery box so i feel im half way there as far as the custom boxes go i just need help with the wiring and which battery to go with,

2nd is the 04.05 carb a quicker starting carb than the 06 plus is it the hot star? if you add hot start to the 06 carb can u keep the better carb and quicker starting?

I hope someone replies because i feel this affects a lot of 450R riders if not all XC hare scramble ones
Thx

fastredrider44
12-20-2009, 08:52 AM
A properly tuned carb on a Kicker is the best way to have the fastest start. It doesn't matter which carb you go with, as long as it is dialed in. A buddy of mine has 24v on his bike, and it starts very fast, but probably not as fast as my kicker, (when it fires) If you're looking for those dead engine start holeshots, a Rekluse clutch will help as well, but is not mandatory.

quadfmx
12-20-2009, 12:02 PM
the 06 is harder to tune in my opinion but i though 04 or o5 did make less poer than thd 06+

fastredrider44
12-20-2009, 10:25 PM
The 06 carb does make more power, but an 05 carb takes the hit away.

shiftyfofiddy
12-21-2009, 08:01 PM
in my experience the 0405 carb was harder to tune for the fact being it is a inferior carb the 06+ is a way better carb with more aftermarket upgrades. as well as better response in the power department

bwilliams450er
12-22-2009, 08:00 AM
it isnt necessary to put a hot start on a 06 carb. a properly tuned carb will start up hot or not. you CAN put a hot start on your 06 carb, but its not real reliable. if you really want a hot start, you should put a carb on it from the CRF450. as for the wiring of the 24v system, im not sure. i'm in the middle of putting one on mine. i just made the box and i'm using a stock 2nd battery. moved them both under the hood.