PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket lights?

hondaquads300ex
12-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I recently rolled/flipped my 400ex pretty bad and cracked up the plastics, so I got a set of barely used Maier Race cut fenders coming from ebay. I ride all day and sometimes into the night so i'm gonna have to do something about headlights since the race cut fenders eliminate the stock headlamp assembly. Does anybody have any experience with putting some other type of lights on... like what lights are close to stock performance or better? All the local car stores and whatnot sell these 2" bullet type halogen lights that I could attach somewhere, but I'm not sure how much light they'd give off. Trail tech makes lights that look identical to those but they're way more money then I'd ever want to spend if I can get something thats good for way cheaper. Thanks in advance, and if you've done something like this on your bike pictures would be cool to give me an idea of what to do

dns1764
12-18-2009, 08:40 PM
i got thoes cheap bullet ones for like $20 for my 300ex. they work great. i wired them to both low and hi beams but they only have one brightness. i bolted them to the fender mounts. perfect fit

hondaquads300ex
12-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Looks like I might have to pick up a pair, and yeah they're only like 20 bucks so not a huge deal if anything goes wrong with them. I was thinking at first maybe putting them on the handlebars somehow but i'm not sure how that would work out with the cables and wires all in the way. I'll have to look into mounting them how you did yours or possible somewhere else up on the front of the frame. I did have a set of them on my 300ex and just bolted them to the stock holes on the stem I think for the original headlamp assembly, but honestly can not remember how well they worked for me so I figured I'd ask haha

Pipeless416
12-23-2009, 10:15 PM
i have the trail techs and love them. my brother got maier race cuts and tried out the lights you're talking about.. i'll just say that he saved up for some trail techs as well. ;)

hondaquads300ex
12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i have the trail techs and love them. my brother got maier race cuts and tried out the lights you're talking about.. i'll just say that he saved up for some trail techs as well. ;)

Finally someone who actually has them haha. Which particular ones did you get? And did you get the ones that come with the mount and all? If they're really worth it over the cheaper ones then I could probably justify getting them. Also if you have any pics that would be awesome, thanks