PDA

View Full Version : Good Snowboarding Slopes?

jesseweaver
12-18-2009, 12:41 PM
i see we're supposed to get like 6-12" of snow here so i was looking at going snowboarding up in NY this weekend until i looked at the weather report and i guess its supposed to snow more down south so... is there any decently big slopes below PA??

ATVMX33
12-18-2009, 01:02 PM
the poconos arent bad...

12-18-2009, 02:14 PM
there are no good slopes unless your in like Vermont. The only real good places are either Canada like Whistler BC or out west like CO, UT, CA...

dns1764
12-18-2009, 02:22 PM
tie a towrope to the quad...tons of fun

12-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by dns1764
tie a towrope to the quad...tons of fun

sounds like wakeboarding, gotta try it

yellowzo3
12-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
sounds like wakeboarding, gotta try it

It actually is pretty fun until you hit a patch of dry pavement lol

Maybe check out Mountain Creek?

1_5_1
12-18-2009, 04:22 PM
i am heading up to holiday valley in ellicoville new york saturday night that places is the nicest in the area.

jesseweaver
12-18-2009, 06:16 PM
yea scratch that i gotta plow all night and all day so its not gonna happen. And i hear you about no good mountains except up north. i went with a bunch of friends to killington and okemo VT last year, that was way too much fun, now this year we're going to Maine the first full week in january thats gonna be rediculous im hoping to come back alive lol

KXRida
12-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i see we're supposed to get like 6-12" of snow here so i was looking at going snowboarding up in NY this weekend until i looked at the weather report and i guess its supposed to snow more down south so... is there any decently big slopes below PA??

I'm heading to blue knob tomorrow. I got a board from my buddy, so I'm thinking I may end up buying a board this winter after getting out a few season ago. My favorite place to ride in Pa is Seven springs. That place is sweet. Lots of big air, half pipe, tons of rails, etc. I'm just going to the local slopes tomorrow to see if I really want to get back into it. Wish I would've never sold my K2 with Ride bindings, and my Burton K2 auto bindings. I think I like the cinch bindings a little better. Seemed to fit better for us bigger booted riders.

m0t0xk1d
12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
if your coming up to maine then you have to go to either sugarloaf or sunday river

jesseweaver
12-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
if your coming up to maine then you have to go to either sugarloaf or sunday river

haha yup thats the 2 slopes we were planning one. and what about tuckermans ravine? we were thinking about hittting that

KXRida
12-19-2009, 04:01 AM
If you're interested in going south a little bit, me and a bunch of friends are planning a trip to snowshoe and timberline. Both parks look pretty sick and they're in west virginia. I think they're like 3 to 4 hours at the max from me.

m0t0xk1d
12-19-2009, 12:57 PM
haha yup thats the 2 slopes we were planning one. and what about tuckermans ravine? we were thinking about hittting that

Ive never been there before. However Saddleback is pretty nice for the price and shawnee peak also, not the biggest mountains but the prices are alot cheaper. stay away from lost valley though. its just a bigg hill

12-19-2009, 04:51 PM
A51 is amazing... just sayin lol Anyone watch the Dew Tour today? 2 more weeks and I'll be on the same mountain. Hells no to the super pipe though. TV does it no justice.

stever25
12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
I believe that tuckermans is only open for skiing in March , Too cold and too much chance of avalanche during the middle of winter. And you have to hike .....noi lift!!!!! Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Ive oly skied it in the spring!!!:p

jesseweaver
12-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by stever25
I believe that tuckermans is only open for skiing in March , Too cold and too much chance of avalanche during the middle of winter. And you have to hike .....noi lift!!!!! Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Ive oly skied it in the spring!!!:p oh really? i talked to a couple people around here and they said thats a must if you go to maine. not sure what would be so good about it though. did you like it? was it worth the hike? what is it a 4 hour hike?

dan harris
12-21-2009, 07:58 AM
The uphill tripple at BPG is pretty cool going backwards. Also the uphill flag jump - hit it the opposite direction, then takeoff over the berm and land on the straight by the uphill tripple !!!! 12" base - groomed trails, sorry NO lifts open????

KXRida
12-21-2009, 08:17 AM
dan did you make it up to blue knob that day?

jesseweaver
12-21-2009, 12:48 PM
haha snowboarding at the proving grounds sounds good to me.

who all here snowboard in eastern PA? i was at blue mountain last thursday and we're going tomorrow, i'm not sure where yet. either big boulder or bear creek, whichever one has a better terrain park open.

dan harris
12-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
dan did you make it up to blue knob that day?

Yeah, they had great conditions, plenty of powder !! Though I'm still sore like crazy !!

KXRida
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
it was sweet that day! I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy another board now. We left right before the lift got shut down. That was my last run and that's what screwed my knee up.

jesseweaver
12-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Yeah, they had great conditions, plenty of powder !! Though I'm still sore like crazy !!

nice dan i didn't know you snowboard. maybe ill see you on the slopes someday. where do you usually go?

KXRida
12-21-2009, 08:11 PM
nice dan i didn't know you snowboard. maybe ill see you on the slopes someday. where do you usually go?

blue knob! haha that place is starting to get expensive. I remember when it was like $20 for a pass. It was $45 for a 4 hour pass. It's nice, but not that nice.

jesseweaver
12-22-2009, 04:39 PM
i was at bear creek today. not a big slope but they have a nice terrain park. but the rails weren't too nice to me today... :eek2:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/DSCN2166.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/DSCN2168.jpg

yea well this just gives me an excuse for getting a new board. but im going to maine in a week and a half so i need one fast. whats a good board for around $200

exrider12
12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
If you want good parks and overall good riding then go to Stowe, Vermont

So nice