PDA

View Full Version : help

draygarcia
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
anyone know where i can get a service manual and or any help on how to change a head gasket thanks

Dickie
12-17-2009, 10:13 PM
look on the BRP website. They have a pretty comprehensize online manual.

TNT
12-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Did you do a leak down test and make sure it's the gasket, you'll see air bubbles at the radiator or it opening without over heat, do you see coolant leaks white smoke out the exhaust? How long has it been since you changed your rings and checked your cylinder for wear? Your going to need a lot of parts might as well replace them, like rings, valve cover gasket, maybe a new piston, head and seat gasket kit, maybe a timing chain, maybe valve stem seals, you'll want to check your valve clearence will your at it.....

Guess you check the torque it's 133 in lb on the head bolts and see if you can fix the prob...

Call Devin my dealer 316-265-2628 or BCS and get the parts then come back out here and I'll help you out.

draygarcia
12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
thanks its blowing white smoke the coolent dont do anything and the valve gasket leaks on the left side if i going to have to do all that cant i justput a new pistion high compresion one and and how do i check the valves aint that hard to do

TNT
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by draygarcia
thanks its blowing white smoke the coolent dont do anything and the valve gasket leaks on the left side if i going to have to do all that cant i justput a new pistion high compresion one and and how do i check the valves aint that hard to do

Yeah sounds like a head gasket, pressure has got in the coolant restricting flow. Yes you can go to a HC piston but you will compromise some reliability, if it's just for mid-level racing or a practice quad I would not and run pump gas. The HC pistion needs expensive race or we run E-85. When you get all the parts I walk you through everything.