PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump wont turn on ?

133tmf
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
well im just about full blown crazy !!!! tryed all kinds of stuff finally got new harness, and baldwin killswitch start button kit , put all together ckd all connections die greased everything , still nothin but wats wierd is fuel pump was last thing i pluged in and when i pluged it in gas came shooting out for a couple seconds til i got it unpluged pretty sure key was off then when i pluged back in nothing ???? can i clean iit ?? would that keep it from turnin on ? jus not tryin to spend 300 unless i really haf to ?????? thanks

BEARAZZ
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
i'm not 100% for sure but think the roll over sensor kills the fuel pump. Also one thing i found with mine is that the factory ground is faulty at times . try and add another ground to it. just loosen one of your bolts that holds the pump in a little and put a wire under it and tighten it so it has a good connection. then just touch it somewhere to your frame and then turn on the key. i have one like this on mine mounted because the factory one had a bad spot somewhere and couldn't find it

631kfx400
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
my fuel pump wouldn't turn on once. it was a blown fuze

250racer2010
12-28-2009, 05:28 PM
check big black wire under your hood

ta2d
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I had this issue and I took it into the shop. There is a relay within the main relay for the EFI. You cannot find this in the manual and it says you are supposed to just buy a new computer. The shop didn't know about it either and just happened to come across it when trouble shooting.

133tmf
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
thanks everyone so far , im gettin closer, put new harness and got new fuel pump didnt hav gas in tank , again last plug to plug in and key off pump turned on turned key on an off never turned off ? ya wierd only when unplug ofcourse ? so maybe i need new computer ? wat was it jus a relay , could u tell me specifically whr its located ? thanks

ta2d
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Wish I could help ya out more. It was the dealership that took care of it for me and he said it was a relay inside the main relay and that has been 1 1/2 yrs ago.