PDA

View Full Version : North/South (Doomed?)

Logan #34's Dad
12-16-2009, 09:57 PM
OKAY Fellas, I've got to sound off on this a little.
The structure states that a rider must attend ALL six to be eligible for that divisions awards. I contacted the AMA-ATV people and she reiterated that a rider MUST attend ALL six races.
I think this is absolutely dumb! So, what they are saying is, if a rider wins 5 races and can't get to the sixth he will be beat by a rider who finishes 10th at ALL six races. That makes NO sense. I believe that will hurt the turnout (and thats what this was meant to help - more riders in this tough economic times). SO, if we dnf at four of the six races we will finish ahead of the ones that did not attend all six? Again, dumb.
Why not add whatever accumulated points earned in the six races together and that be that division finishing order? I recall some people saying they may be able to chase one of those titles instead of the complete National title. Now, if they miss one of the first couple or know they can't make one of the six - why bother going at all. Again, hurting numbers AND the reason for the North/South series.
If you agree with me, please e-mail the AMA-ATV and voice your opinion. It is a simple press release for them to make or to clear things up. AND, we are not talking about just mini's, it's all classes.
I believe the idea is doomed before it begins. Then they are gonna say "I told you so".
Rocky Dusenberry

mxkids
12-17-2009, 05:45 AM
I know in the past when they had the other Challanges, or series within a series type deals, you had to run ALL of those races which pertained to that event.

THARNESS
12-17-2009, 07:41 AM
If you can make six you might as well run 2 more and contend for a National title.

I agree with you Rocky. If rider "X" can accumulate more points in 4 races than rider "Y" can in 6, rider "X" should be the winner.

Otherwise it is not a race series but a hauling contest. Whoever has the vacation time and cash to haul your stuff to all the rounds wins.

With 3 drops this year it would just as easy for many to pick the closest or thier favorite 8 rounds then be forced to make all 6 for this North/South thing.

zach R 7x
12-17-2009, 07:52 AM
i feel that they are doing this to ensure that they get full gates .this really doesn't matter because you will always have some people that will run all the races,and the people that do that ,are the ones who can afford it.so that means they will also be able to afford the best equipment and more than likely have a good rider.so they will more than likely win the trifecta (sp) anyway. i pesonally don't see this n/s being a great thing anyway,and has not changed which races we will run this year.

Ryko racing
12-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I think that we are going to pell city, and then see how many races we can make.

As i have said before, we really have never raced for points even when we were close.

I told Ryan we are going to run til the money stops and see where we finish.. Its not like you even get a free pair of boots if you win the title. Yeah we all want ot win the title but some years it is not possible.
This is one of those years, we will run local and hit a handful of nationals.

jerkyboy
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
n/s does not change what races we are giong to run. We can't
run all the races anyway because of my work.

redonkulousruntsracing
12-23-2009, 02:31 PM
J. CLASS CHAMPIONSHIPS

1. To be eligible for series awards, a rider must enter the following minimum number of events in the same class; However only the maximum number of events will be counted.

CLASS
MINIMUM MAXIMUM

Pro-Am
4 10

Amateur
4 8

Youth
4 8

The above is right out of the 2010 supplemental rules for Am's and Youth. Am I reading this wrong or am I to believe that I only need to enter in 4 races on the schedule to be eleigible for a championship?? I know that it is unlikely that any one will win a championship with 4 races, but it does make you elegible for the year end and to be in the hunt for a championship. Regardless of this North/South BS, I still plan on running 3 races for the fun of it, but if I can run one more to make it 4 and be in the running for a year end finish, then it's worth it to hit one more.

Logan #34's Dad
12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Sickair, If that is exacly what it says then yes you must attend at least 4 to be eligible. And just like your last sentence communicates, that is exactly why I said they should not mandate a rider to run all six. They should just tallie up the points for that particular series for whomever ran any of those races and let the one with the most points win and so on. If you know you can get to 3 or 4 for sure and then you end up in the hunt for one of these North/South championships you may just show up at 1 or 2 more. But if you know you HAVE to run all six then why bother.

Ryko racing
12-23-2009, 03:08 PM
You must run at least 4 races to be eligible for year end awards at the banquet for the national top 10. The split series is a different format.

Logan #34's Dad
12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I understand that, SO why would they MANDATE a rider to run ALL six for a North/South series? No Drops - just points, you finish where you finish.
The idea was/is to get more riders. This will not make that happen. IMO

XXX -rider
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
... No Drops - just points, you finish where you finish.
The idea was/is to get more riders. This will not make that happen. IMO
here's the real problem ,,..

you think its about getting more riders..
..& they will always think its about getting more money !!:devil:

Logan #34's Dad
12-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Your SO right. Wouldn't you think that more riders equals more money? Maybe I'm wrong.

XXX -rider
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I dont disagree with you ..yet the issues will usually always be the same ..
"they " have to be ready to experiment ..or compare 1 years worth of racing to another to really know what works best or for both interests..

XXX -rider
12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
o but btw I dont think its doomed ..there will be riders who make it to all the races..
& "they " will most likely feel it was success..your only chance for change is by expressing what you have said here ..
..& still after that there will be riders who make all of them & that usually =winning so ...IMO its a vicious circle ..& its called racing ;)

Logan #34's Dad
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
XXX, I agree with ya. I believe this is an experiment. When I say Doomed I mean, I believe they will tell us that this experiment did not work so we will not try it again. The whole "i told you so" thing. I don't believe it is being given a fair chance. Thats all.
And your right the "circus" will follow the schedule.
This whole thing was based on the idea that a lot of people that may have went to most of the races in the past will not be able to get to them all now, so instead of not coming at all, lets have a shorter - series inside the series to get them there. Even if it is for a couple of races.
I hope i'm making sense.

redonkulousruntsracing
12-23-2009, 08:27 PM
The North/South is a good idea but making ya run all 6 is not, like someone said B4, say you have all intentions of running all 6 races, that doesn't bother you. But say in your first race you crash in practice or in your first moto, well that just shi*cans your plans of running the series, just cuz you have bad luck in one race that screws ya on the whole deal. I definitely feel that it should be brought to the ATVA's attention and let's see if we can get it fixed. And oh yeah how about both PA races in the North series, seems like a no brainer to me.

Logan #34's Dad
12-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Sickair, email the AMA-ATV and voice your opinion. What we need is some of the "big shots" to voice their opinion.
On the PA race thing, I believe the North series will be an easier one to win because most everyone I spoke to are not making the trip out to MN. So if you can afford that trip then get the other five you may be a shoe-in.
Then if your running the the North series you most likely live up this way and might as well do the other PA race and contend for the overall.
Truthfully, the Southern series would be less cost than the Northern series for me living in Ohio. Hmmmm.

quadrider79
12-24-2009, 06:25 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to see that it would be less money to run the south series than the north. And post it.

jerkyboy
12-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Well lets put it this way. Mn is further from my house than Al
is buy about 4 hrs and im in the north.