PDA

View Full Version : 18 year old Pit bike rule?

Logan #34's Dad
12-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Okay, they finally squashed the pitbike riding. I'm okay with that I guess. I did not like my girls chasing around the boys anyhow. LOL
BUT, My issue is: If my 16 year old daughter, who is a spectator, is going to be treated like a non-responsible child then why the HELL do I have to pay an ADULT price for her to get in the door? In what world is a 12 YEAR OLD considered an adult!?
I realize that $15 more dollars at the gate does not seem like alot of money BUT when you add that up over 11 races ($165) it is a tank of gas. And we parents breaking our butts working multiple jobs to make enough money to make it to the races that IS a lot of money.
They want this to be a family oriented sport but most of us can't afford to bring the whole family. Or, we show up on Saturday morning (to save some gate fee) and don't have time to get to know other families as we would be able to during Thursday evening and all day Friday.
I emailed the AMA-ATV and I am waiting for a response.
I'm sure blame will be pushed to the promoters group BUT if the AMA would request a change it could happen.
If your a Promoter: I realize it is very expensive to run a National or any race. HOWEVER, If we leave the brothers and sisters at home that is that much LESS food and vendor sales guaranteed! The more numbers that show the more money that will be spent inside.
If you agree, please contact the AMA-ATV.
Rocky Dusenberry

snacob14
12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
that seems to be the theme here lately. We were paying 5 to get in the gate, now ten. which doesn't seem like a huge jump, but if you're bringing 5 people to a race, it just doubled to 50 bucks to get in and watch a race. Family is the big reason that so many people are able to come and enjoy racing around here. its a fun way to spend the weekend with your family. If you can't afford to bring your family along then it has to cut down on profit somewhere else. it just make sense. You'll lose money at concessions and keep your gate the same now because less people showup.

Logan #34's Dad
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm hearing ya. Did you know it costs $45 per adult (12 and up) to get in at the Nationals. That is from Thursday through Sunday. Now, you almost have to be there on Friday to get a good set of practices in to figure out the track and tune in the quad because you only get 3 laps of practice on Saturday and two on Sunday.
Then they wonder why people hide kids away in the rv. LOL

staakej
12-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I agree the nationals are not really reasonable for the average racer. I ran one national that was the close as I could get to my home a few years back and it cost me about a grand travel expensive and all. witch really sucks I spent a grand to run one race. I couldnt even begin to afford to try and run for points. What I would like to see is like some regional maybe like 3 or 4 race regoinals in your respected area. then maybe the top regoinal finishers could go to the final. I think that would get more people in the sport. Not every one would hafa run all over the country to try to get over all points. I would be way more interested in running nationals if i could run the 3 or 4 closes to me for the chance of a national championship.

quadfmx
12-18-2009, 11:18 PM
i dont get the 18 yr old pit bike rule these seems to be about age and price for that person to riding not riding the pitbikes to get to sign in etc.

I got to steele creek late one year and it took me about at a brisk walk on way, then an hour back i can understand not letting us ride quads b.c of a lot of places these is not room but i think racers if racers only and photographers or people that have to get to a cerrtain point at a deadline should be able to ride a small dirt bike around to save time and not make it some hectic

im not sure if this is what you reference but i feel it should be addressed

Logan #34's Dad
12-18-2009, 11:26 PM
One of the biggest problems is that parents are not being parents. I've seen little kids that can't even sit in the seat and hit the gas pedal at the same time riding around in golf carts with other kids piled in the cart and hanging off the back.
As I said, i'm okay with the rule. I have an issue with charging anyone over 12 the adult price to get in the door.