PDA

View Full Version : 18 year old pit bike rule?

Logan #34's Dad
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Okay, they finally squashed the pitbike riding. I'm okay with that I guess. I did not like my girls chasing around your little he-thens anyhow. LOL
BUT, My issue is: If my 16 year old daughter, who is a spectator, is going to be treated like a non-responsible child then why the HELL do I have to pay an ADULT price for her to get in the door? In what world is a 12 YEAR OLD considered an adult!?
I realize that $15 more dollars at the gate does not seem like alot of money BUT when you add that up over 11 races ($165) it is a tank of gas. And we parents breaking our butts working multiple jobs to make enough money to make it to the races that IS a lot of money.
They want this to be a family oriented sport but most of us can't afford to bring the whole family. Or, we show up on Saturday morning (to save some gate fee) and don't have time to get to know other families as we would be able to during Thursday evening and all day Friday.
I emailed the AMA-ATV and I am waiting for a response.
I'm sure blame will be pushed to the promoters group BUT if the AMA would request a change it could happen.
If your a Promoter: I realize it is very expensive to run a National or any race. HOWEVER, If we leave the brothers and sisters at home that is that much LESS food and vendor sales guaranteed! The more numbers that show the more money that will be spent inside.
If you agree, please contact the AMA-ATV.
Rocky Dusenberry

QuadCobbler
12-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey you wouldn't be talking about the rediculous prices to get into just watch a race at malvern or sumit indors would you? Your right if the entrance fee wasn't so much we might go more often and would probly spend more $ inside.

Logan #34's Dad
12-21-2009, 09:39 PM
If you think getting in at our local races are expensive, you should try a National.
$45 dollars for anyone over 12 years old. (Thursday-Sunday)
Add that up for a family of 5.

mx8
03-01-2010, 04:05 AM
That is why I got out of racing. I can trail ride for next to nothing, and have more ride time. And don't forget the quads are always last to race, but first to practice IF the track is muddy. You can't go to a fair race for less than 50 bucks. And a national if you add up everything that you need to get you there, and race that is an easy 500 dollars. For the five years I raced I loved it, and still miss it. But I'm glad I'm out of it. It is a money pit $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$.

bobizzle
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
i wouldntmind goin to the races if it would be 16-17yr old were adults. i usually watch my friends race and he always pays for his little brothers to get in, i keep na eye while he races, but the mostly wanna just watch him, then go on to something diffrent, cuz they get bored quick with it.

if i go to the races, i usually try and buy a weekend pass, instead of a day pass. a lil cheaper.

but i thnk tht ppl un the age of 16, driving age, "adults" should have to pay full price. when there young, they wanna walk here and do this. there still young, not and adult to understand everything at the time when they go.

Latemodel32
03-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Amen Logan #34's Dad. I totally agree. This is one reason why i got out of mx racing to expensive,and that makes it not FUN anymore. We only goto the RED BUD nat on sunday ....ya we would like to go the whole weekend but our budget doesnt let us.....