PDA

View Full Version : 18 year old pit vehicle rule.

Logan #34's Dad
12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Okay, they finally squashed the pitbike riding. I'm okay with that I guess. I did not like my girls chasing around your little he-thens anyhow. LOL :blah:
BUT, My issue is: If my 16 year old daughter, who is a spectator, is going to be treated like a non-responsible child then why the HELL do I have to pay an ADULT price for her to get in the door? In what world is a 12 YEAR OLD considered an adult!?
I realize that $15 more dollars at the gate does not seem like alot of money BUT when you add that up over 11 races ($165) it is a tank of gas. And we parents breaking our butts working multiple jobs to make enough money to make it to the races that IS a lot of money.
They want this to be a family oriented sport but most of us can't afford to bring the whole family. Or, we show up on Saturday morning (to save some gate fee) and don't have time to get to know other families as we would be able to during Thursday evening and all day Friday.
I emailed the AMA-ATV and I am waiting for a response.
I'm sure blame will be pushed to the promoters group BUT if the AMA would request a change it could happen.
If your a Promoter: I realize it is very expensive to run a National or any race. HOWEVER, If we leave the brothers and sisters at home that is that much LESS food and vendor sales guaranteed! The more numbers that show the more money that will be spent inside.
If you agree, please contact the AMA-ATV.
Rocky Dusenberry

mxkids
12-17-2009, 05:39 AM
I am glad they are doing something about the pit bike riding. I don't know about the age, I think MOST 16 or 17 year olds are mature and responsible.

I know when the boys first started racing (bikes and quads) we had to pay $20.00 for a pit pass. I think they changed it to where you didn't have to pay just a couple of years ago.

Coley'sdad#8
12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
now instead of pit bikes the 16 year olds will be driving cars /truck around in the pits:D

THARNESS
12-17-2009, 07:20 AM
The old rule wasn't the problem. The problem was it was never enforced. I got so tired of hearing the same threats at every riders meeting only to have nothing happen to the violators.

This new rule will not help if it is not enforced. I will be really upset if I pay my 20 bucks for a wristband and then see a bunch of kids riding around all weekend without one.

edwardsp&b
12-17-2009, 07:39 AM
i agree completely, if they would enforce the rules to begin with you wouldnt need that change. at lorretta's this year we had two teenage fools riding inches off our bumper of the cart w/ kids on the back at night. they were lucky i didnt jump off and whip them with my belt. hate to say this, but in some cases its the parents fault for not teaching these kids to behave in the first place.
bryan

zach R 7x
12-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
i agree completely, if they would enforce the rules to begin with you wouldnt need that change. at lorretta's this year we had two teenage fools riding inches off our bumper of the cart w/ kids on the back at night. they were lucky i didnt jump off and whip them with my belt. hate to say this, but in some cases its the parents fault for not teaching these kids to behave in the first place.
bryan

i agree also,what i ran into this year was my son saw all these kids riding there bike around and naturally he wanted too also ,i tell him "NO" because we were told at the gate "that if you were caught you would lose the bike" but once again not inforced! so i spend all weekend saying NO to my son and him being pist at me because all his friends are riding! were are the parents???
at Lorretta's there were cops everywhere,kids riding right by them and no enforcement!
TIM

#404's Dad
12-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I hope the Rule flows over to the TT races as well!! Tired of seeing kids "flying" around in Rhinos, Golf Carts and Razrs all the damn time just to do it, going nowhere just riding around!!!

Logan #34's Dad
12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Dang it, You guys are missing my point. LOL. I'm fed up with the charges for a 12 year old being considered an adult at the gate.

I do like the 18 year old rule kinda. As Cooley's Dad said, now the pits will become a cruising strip. AHHH, just like back in the day.
I always told Logan that if he ever got hurt while riding his pit bike I would not be happy.

XXX -rider
12-17-2009, 01:38 PM
wew thought I was gonna read no more pitbike racing :D
some will enforce some wont ..same as usual ,...

11 races aint didly try 36 weekends year + pitbike racing :o

Ryko racing
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
$ 15 bucks is just another way of making $$$.

As far as pit bikes i dont think they should allow anyone under 18 to ride in the pits. The kids i see think that after their moto the pits are for racing the pitbikes. ( WHEN ONE WRECKS A $ SIX FIGURE MOTORCOACH WHO PAYS FOR IT?) Racing is for the race track. Pit vehicles are for the parents to get around or tow race quads.
AS FAR AS KIDS NOW DRIVING CARS AROUND THE PITS, THE LAST TIME I CHECKED 16 YR OLD KIDS HAD TO LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS SO WE JUST SAY NO.
WE ALWAYS RODE OUR BICYCLES IN THE PITS AND HAD FUN WHEN I RACED, AND THAT WAS FINE. I KNOW OF ONE RACER THAT WAS OUT FOR THE YEAR LAST YEAR, AFTER FALLING OF A PIT VEHICLE AND BEING SERIOUSLY HURT.
I SAY BAN ALL PIT BIKES FOR ANYONE UNDER 18 AND IF THEY BREAK THE RULES DISQUALIFY THE RACER FOR THE WEEKEND ON THE FIRST OFFENSE.

PROBLEM SOLVED. I GUARANTEE IT..

I JUST THINK THE PIT BIKES ARE OUT OF CONTROL.

DAVYS DAD
12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
This is a tough one some kids follow the rules but MOST DONT when it comes to pit riding.Ithink 16 is old enough,My 5year old son Nick got ran into by2 DRUNK 30+ women hauling *** on a suzuki jr 50 my son was on his bicycle going the right way while they were gagglin off in busch lite land not even looking where they were going.I wish I could have KICKED the SEA SHIP out of them!!!:devil: Nick was ok but I was pizzed:mad: :grr:

later

quadrider79
12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
This is a tough one some kids follow the rules but MOST DONT when it comes to pit riding.Ithink 16 is old enough,My 5year old son Nick got ran into by2 DRUNK 30+ women hauling *** on a suzuki jr 50 my son was on his bicycle going the right way while they were gagglin off in busch lite land not even looking where they were going.I wish I could have KICKED the SEA SHIP out of them!!!:devil: Nick was ok but I was pizzed:mad: :grr:

later

I hope you gave them a few choice words before they went on their way.

DAVYS DAD
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh yea I caused quite a stir ,Blows would have been thrown but my kid was crying and didnt need to see daddy go CRAZY and they were women .I did have a little chat with her husband:devil: and he was as pizzed as me,I dont think they will EVER let it happen agian.

later

coryatver
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
now instead of pit bikes the 16 year olds will be driving cars /truck around in the pits:D

haha exactly

mxkids
12-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Instead of the parents taking control and following the rules enforced or not, they are the ones bringing their pit bikes to every race. First thing they do is unload it and off the kid goes, no helmet, full speed. If you as a parent no the rules then why not follow it and enforce it in your family. Just because someone else wants to do as they want, does not make it right for you, me or whoever to do it to. IMO, it seems to be more of a babysitter than anything else.

I do wish they would have enforce the pitbike rules. Last year, this year, or when ever. If they would, then maybe people would take it serious and abide by the rules. All it takes is a couple of times for them to actually enforce them, and people will begin to realize they are not playing anymore. Of course, if they had actually enforeced them, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. lol

LT80
12-18-2009, 06:51 AM
"I think MOST 16 or 17 year olds are mature and responsible."

HUH?? :confused: What country are you from?
LOL

Want a fix???.....NO PIT VEHICLES!!
It's as simple as that.
No enforcment- no problems..

For the thin wallet ppl (like me) we have to walk. This aspect has worked for countless years.
Walking...what a idea eh?!?! Somehow I think this option will meet with opposition. :eek:
I remember when Farr's buddy brought a golf cart. Course we knew he was rich. Now look at it... 12k pit vehicles..
Sit back and look..It's rediculous!

Ryko racing
12-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Why do healthy kids need to ride pit bikes at a race track?

They are allowed to ride to and from the starting line for their race
and they all have bmx bicycles. Actually I have been to many races in 25 years and until we got to ATVA nationals we never saw kids riding pitbikes in the pits.( when i raced in michigan in the eighties we had to push our bikes to and from the start line at all district 14 races or you were dq. ( thats too strict)

Pit vehicles are for parents to get around and to tow race quads or haul water or equipment.

I am for no pitbikes period. The kids get enough racing on the track.
We were at lorettas and a kid flew between the motorhomes (under our awning) probably in 3rd gear wound up.
Good thing we did not have our clothes line out to hang jerseys on.

There is no way to police it so stop it.

XXX -rider
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
haha your gonna love this .. last w/e we were at "GatorBack MX Park" in florida
at 1st round of the Winter AM MX series for bikes :p
& friday's practice was cancelled due to heavy rain early in the day .. well after I saw tons of pitbikes & golf carts etc ...riding around(after the rain stopped later in the day) .. I asked someone why? ..they told me the track officials were selling pit bike/pit machine passes for 15.00 a pop ..hmm seems they were promoting pit bike riding ..what do think ?

coffing918
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
wow u cant even ride a bicycle at one of our tracks in NJ

Ryko racing
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Once again the dollar wins...........

Ryko racing
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Once again the dollar wins...........