PDA

View Full Version : Matlock Racing Clutch Kit

wmatlock
12-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I have finally got all of the stuff together for the clutch kits. The kit will consist of 8 friction plates and 7 steel plates. This clutch set up is the same clutch that we use in the Baja 1000. And that means that it held up for 16 hr strait of deep sand woops and steep rocky trails along with 90 MPH lake beds and never missed a beat. I have also had the same clutch in my pre runner all year, it has about three thousand miles on it now.

I'm selling the kit as a package, it is selling for $189.00 plus shipping if you are interested pm me.

JBDIV
12-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Hey Wayne,

In addition to your clutch kit, would you be willing to post other modifications that you have done to your 700?

I'm guessing some things are R&D and competitive advantage secrets but, perhaps those things which would be commonly available to consumers you could post.

The 700xx hasn't been sold a lot... hence the discounts by Honda so, at least in NC where I am there aren't a lot around. (I know much of that is because of the economy not the bike) In fact, I don't know anyone else who has one.

This forum has been and is great for getting input from others. It sure would be good to get your perspective as you clearly have done well racing one.

Also, on your clutch kit... Is this something that would be appropriate for aggressive trail riding? Is it something that would last longer than the OEM? Sorry, just never have put a high performance clutch in a bike like this.

Thanks!