PDA

View Full Version : Polanda guys help me out!

woodsracer144
12-16-2009, 08:02 PM
ok so im working on a polanda right now. as of right now im getting the cylinder worked on... im having the front holes gussested so i can run the stock 250r studs.

once i get the cylinder back im going to mill it at school and make it all pretty!

but now here come all the questions...

1) what connecting rod should i use? is the OEM 250r strong enought?

2) I read that this will be a 389 at stock bore and stroke.... so will i need to run Youkon gears in the trans? im thinking i will...

3) I've heard of people running other pistons? can i run the OE polaris piston?

4) what size of a carb do you use... im looking for a good all around set up... i was thinking about a 38 or 39...

5) Is the exhaust port angle ok to mount the 250r pipe up or does the flange need to re angled?

6) what clutch kits do you use?

I could really use the help... I've searched and searched and i cant find the answers to these questions... i would like to get this motor build as soon as i can. i have a 85 tc bottom end that just needs a top end but every thing is OE in it and i dont want to trash it. i also have enought parts besides a clutch and a few other things for a 88 bottom end...

thanks for the help... if you could post pics of your builds that would be great!

thanks

rundrave
12-17-2009, 06:47 AM
come over to www.gen3usa.com

plenty of old 400 2 stroke polaris guys over there to help you out

woodsracer144
12-17-2009, 06:51 AM
thanks for the tip!!!

honda350r
12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I would never put a Subaru top end on my Honda ! There are much better cylinders out there that will work much, much better and way less hassle than the Subaru!

Oh yeah, the Polaris 400 engine is built by Fuji Heavy Industries and they are the same company that builds Subaru..

Save your money and buy a ESR or a new Puma cylinder. You will be much happier and you can actually find a pipe that fits !

woodsracer144
12-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
I would never put a Subaru top end on my Honda ! There are much better cylinders out there that will work much, much better and way less hassle than the Subaru!

Oh yeah, the Polaris 400 engine is built by Fuji Heavy Industries and they are the same company that builds Subaru..

Save your money and buy a ESR or a new Puma cylinder. You will be much happier and you can actually find a pipe that fits !

i dont have much money right now and cant shell out a grand on a motor... i have all the tools and ablity's to build this polanda... i have a mill to use and all that...

i got the cylinder for free from a buddy...

rundrave
12-17-2009, 09:13 AM
the polanda idea died off when the sabers camer out due to cost. now there are puma's and sphynxes that are even cheaper

but if you already have the cylinder, carry on

woodsracer144
12-17-2009, 09:22 AM
ok so this is the whole deal...

I had a 88 running motor and cracked the right case half.. i startedto part it out because it was all aftermarket and now pretty much am left with a good bottom end minus the clutch and a cylinder... mine needs to be sleeved... i have the ablity to have this polanda build for free pretty much and all i have to do is do it...

i also have a 85 bottom end thats ready to go for another 250r but im working on finding a good pv cylinder for that...

woodsracer144
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by rundrave
the polanda idea died off when the sabers camer out due to cost. now there are puma's and sphynxes that are even cheaper

but if you already have the cylinder, carry on

what are sphynxes? from my under standing the puma is not the cylinder of the sled correct?