PDA

View Full Version : Chain Oil

Rip_Tear
01-19-2003, 04:01 PM
What kinda chain oil do you guys use/recommend? I need to get some, I would rather not a spray kind. It is either wet or fairly dry around here if it really matters, maybe I need 2 different kinds for different conditions? Thanks

4punksdad
01-19-2003, 04:47 PM
recently I started using white lithium grease on my chain. I can get a spray can for around 1.50 at the auto parts store. The stuff seems to last longer than high dollar chain lube. I first started using this stuff when I was out of chain lube & the dealer was closed. I haven't bought chain lube since that day. Ever notice what a new chain comes soaked in? Thats right.... white lithium grease.

trailburner
01-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
recently I started using white lithium grease on my chain. I can get a spray can for around 1.50 at the auto parts store. The stuff seems to last longer than high dollar chain lube. I first started using this stuff when I was out of chain lube & the dealer was closed. I haven't bought chain lube since that day. Ever notice what a new chain comes soaked in? Thats right.... white lithium grease.
That's what I have done many times, workes great!! Belray also stays on pretty good to, but $ for $ I would run the lithium....

Rip_Tear
01-19-2003, 05:24 PM
sounds good, my dad gets big buckets of white lithium grease... I will use it if its okay with him... I dont think he will have a problem with it, thanks 4punks and Trailburner.

Adam F
01-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I ride in a lot of gritty mud and sand. Will lithium grease hold up well in these conditions?

4punksdad
01-22-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Adam F
I ride in a lot of gritty mud and sand. Will lithium grease hold up well in these conditions?

nothing will hold up well in those conditions.

Adam F
01-22-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
nothing will hold up well in those conditions.

I've noticed that! So should I just stick with the spray stuff from Honda?