PDA

View Full Version : Paintball

J.Brown121
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone know a lot about paintball? I've played several times renting guns, but i finally decided to get a gun. It's a Spyder Sonix. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a good begginer gun and if there is anything else I might want to get.

honda400ex2003
12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
make sure you get a good hopper so it is always ready to go, also make sure you get a couple of tanks to go with it. A good mask helps, other than that i dont know, i dont really play. lol. steve

greenblood01
12-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Get a 200 round hopper, a 20oz C02 tank, and you'll be set to go, aside from your gear.

bbender85
12-16-2009, 12:44 PM
i used to be into it.. was a fan of modding blowbacks like yours, too. built one from the ground up with all aftermarket parts and it did pretty good for what i had into it.

anyways, as said, get a good hopper; prefereably one you won't have to upgrade again when you start making the gun faster (yes, there is the exact same AADS disorder in that sport, lol). it's been a couple years since i've been out of it, but by now you should be able to find a good used Halo hopper... oyu'll never need anything faster for a blowback.

next i'd put a regulator on there.. looks like it just has an expansion chamber stock. i ran a bob long torpedo i picked up used on pbnation.com (which is where i accumulated most of my parts acutally).

then an electronic trigger, and immediately upgrade to a lighter microswitch for it.. i ran a 100 gram.

see where this is going? :devil:

J.Brown121
12-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I have a 12oz tank, but I think I'm gunna pick un a 20oz one and see which I like more. As far as the mask goes, it came with one.

I'm not going to be playing in tournaments or anything to serious. A couple of my buddies have courses set up on their properties. One is actually a motocross track that has a base at either end. lol

Honda4life05
12-16-2009, 02:14 PM
if you can find a place that can fill it, i would deff go with compressed air. it's way easier on your gun. i used to play every weekend at a local indoor place until it shut down.

stuntin andy
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
im not trying to sound like a paintball expert but when im not rideing im playing paintball.... beleve me on this one..... SSTTAAYYY AAWWWAAYYY from spyder i know every one has them but if your not going to play speed ball just geta tippmann 98 or a tippmann x7 both are EXTREAMLY reliable and are awesome if u want to upgrade them..... i played for a armature league for a few years and i had a autococker black magic and it was awesome but they dont make them any more. ive been playing paintball for a total of about 6 years now and i havent had a single problem with my tippmann96.... just my .02

J.Brown121
12-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Another question I have is that is there an attachment I could get for my air compressor so I could just fill the tanks myself?

And I already have the gun but it's just a starter, and if I get into it more I'll keep what you said in mind Andy.

stuntin andy
12-16-2009, 04:29 PM
yes they do make a thing where you can do it your self but it costs a ton.... i never had one ive just heard of them.... see the reason it costs so much is because it cant have any water in the air and a regular air compressor shoots out some water in the air.... like it sweats and moisture gets in the tank... if that makes sence lol

J.Brown121
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
o ok that makes sense lol. i'll just go to academy or splatter to get them refilled lol

john7x
12-16-2009, 05:59 PM
This is a beginner gun. It is probably one of the most basic guns.

Wood_15
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
You can get a scuba tank to fill HPA. Its just finding a scuba shop to get one or getting an old one from a fire dept. Picking a gun really all depends on what you want to play. I'd just have a chat with your local paintball shop owner and he can direct you toward a reliable one to suit your playing style. One of the biggest things i reccomend is don't skimp out on a cheap mask get a good fitting frame with a thermal lense, because you can't hit what you can't see. I like to reccomend Ions to people getting started that are more speed ball style. Just keep the setting stock and you shouldn't ever have any problems, I have yet to break a ball in mine or have any problems as long as its clean and a fresh battery.

TWISTED
12-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Wood_15
You can get a scuba tank to fill HPA. Its just finding a scuba shop to get one or getting an old one from a fire dept. Picking a gun really all depends on what you want to play. I'd just have a chat with your local paintball shop owner and he can direct you toward a reliable one to suit your playing style. One of the biggest things i reccomend is don't skimp out on a cheap mask get a good fitting frame with a thermal lense, because you can't hit what you can't see. I like to reccomend Ions to people getting started that are more speed ball style. Just keep the setting stock and you shouldn't ever have any problems, I have yet to break a ball in mine or have any problems as long as its clean and a fresh battery.

DEFINATELY don't skimp on the mask... Just ask yourself what your vision is worth.......

hypersnyper6947
12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
If your going to get a spyder get an Electra, then get your self a nice 20z tank and a halo b hopper and you'll be good to go. Oh yea and a mask and gloves (getting hit in the hands hurts lol)

edit: oh yea get a pod pack too, and a couple extra tanks

csr250r
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
I love paintball, it got way too expensive and then one of the places that held matches in our area left. Now I got badass paperweight that I cant afford to shoot :ermm:

mxpimp2000
12-18-2009, 10:59 AM
if i were to get me another gun and get back into it i would buy a smart parts ion. get a 3000psi or 4500 psi compressed air tank. c02 is harder on o-rings and imo its a pain. ever since i ran compressed air i hated c02. spyder is ok gun but i wouldnt have one. tippman A5 is nice for playin in the woods area u can make those guns look like an army gun thats wat i like about them

stuntin andy
12-18-2009, 12:43 PM
If your going to get a spyder get an Electra, then get your self a nice 20z tank and a halo b hopper and you'll be good to go. Oh yea and a mask and gloves (getting hit in the hands hurts lol)

edit: oh yea get a pod pack too, and a couple extra tanks

i had one before i got my black magic and let me tell u.... garbage.... i use mine for spare parts on a spare gun lol..... i hate it

csr250r
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
if i were to get me another gun and get back into it i would buy a smart parts ion. get a 3000psi or 4500 psi compressed air tank.

I got an Ion with a roller trigger, halo b, and a carbon fiber tank. I love it.

Drewltr450
12-18-2009, 09:32 PM
i got an ion for my first gun and it was anamazing gun. sold it for an invert mini totally regreted it. They arent to expensive either