PDA

View Full Version : Breezewood Proving Grounds 2010 RACING SCHEDULE:

dan harris
12-16-2009, 08:54 AM
2010 Is going to be a great year at the Proving Grounds ! As always we have great holiday weekend events planned all summer long.

New this year is a 4 Race Outlaw Series for Quads and Bikes! In additon to the trophies we offer for each race we will track racers points and offer a series end award to the top finishers!!!!!

In addition to our 4 Race Outlaw Series, The AMA and District 5 will be holding 2 AMA Sanctioned Races at the park. One of the races is part of their Spring Championship series and the other is A District 5 State Championshipseries.

dan harris
12-16-2009, 09:06 AM
For the 4 RACE Breezewood Series the races will all be in the late afternoon, so that we can keep the park open and allow practice on all the tracks all day long.

Races will start at 5 PM and go until Dark.

In order to do this the races will all be ONE MOTO FORMAT - All or nothing !!!

We will have several classes for all size bikes and Quads, most racers will be able to race two seperate classes !!!

Awards will be given to the top 3 riders in every class and higher in classes with more then 6 racers.

Keep in mind the park will be open for practice at 8am - all day practice pass is $40, two day pass is $60. If your coming just for the race there will be a free racers ONLY practice on the track we are racing on for 1 hour prior to the race.

dan harris
12-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Breezewood Series Race Dates:

Race #1: Sat May 29th Memorial Day Weekend - Sign up 11:00 to 3pm Race at 5pm Practice for racers at 3pm.
** Racing on Intermediate Track **

Race #2: Sat June 19th Father Day Weekend - Sign up 11:00 to 3pm Race at 5pm Practice for racers at 3pm.
** Racing on Intermediate Track **

Race #3: Sat July 3rd Independence Day - Sign up 11:00 to 3:00 pm Race at 5pm Practice for racers at 3pm.
** Racing on Advanced Track

Race #4: Sat Sept 4th, Labor Day Weekend Sign up 11:00 to 3:00 pm Race at 4pm * Race at 4pm * Race at 4pm
** Racing on both intermediate and Advanced tracks combined !!! **

NO AMA OR DISTRICT CARDS REQUIRED: JUST SIGN UP AND RACE!

dan harris
12-16-2009, 09:17 AM
For the first time Breezewood Proving Grounds will also be hosting two AMA District 5 points races at the park. The first race will be part of the District 5 spring series and the second race will be a state championship race.

AMA District 5 Tentative Race Dates are:

Sunday April 25th for the Spring Series

Sunday July 11th for the State Championships

We look forward to hosting these District 5 Races and are excited to have the District 5 Racers out to the Proving Grounds.

winters126
12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
wooohooooo!!

dan harris
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
For more information on the Races or the Breezewood Proving Grounds log onto our website www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

Keep in mind the park is shut down for the winter and will re-open the first weekend in March.

dan harris
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to a huge QUAD following at our 4 race series and the two district races at the Proving Grounds !!!

XXX -rider
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by winters126
wooohooooo!!
:cool:
:muscle:

dan harris
12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
If you've never raced and want to give it a try then, any of our 4 race series will be a great starting point. Practice all day then race that evening. No memberships to purchase, anyone can race !!!!

ATVMX33
12-29-2009, 07:08 AM
i was just looking at the district 6 quad series schedule and they are all on the same dates as these but one...and that one is the pleasure valley national....
i was hoping to do some of these:(

KXRida
12-29-2009, 07:53 AM
What outlaw classes do you plan on racing? Are you doing an A, B, C format and how are you dividing up the racers? Outlaw races are great races, but the common trend I've seen with them is confusion of classes and faster racers put with slower racers, new racers not sure what class to choose, etc. Since I've been doing more outlaw than ama recently I may have to swing down.

dan harris
01-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Classes will be broken down by A - B and C for both bikes and quads seperately. We will also run a 400 intermediate class and a 400 advanced class, along with a 250-350 class for raptors and warriors, 250ex's and blasters.

We'll also have several kids classes for bikes and quads.

No sandbagging will be allowed, All classes will be fair for everyone.

The one thing that will help make the races the best they can be is big Rider Turnout !! The more racers we have the more classes we can run. So tell everyone to come out and give it a shot !!! I'm sure one of our outlaw race days will be one of your best days riding this year. You get to ride all day, then race in the evening!!

KXRida
01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
My question is are you dividing up the riders or are they signing up for their classes? Personally I hate sandbagging but depending on the turn out I'll have to probably decide after practice to run C or B. If some of the slower guys are running C I don't want to take away from their race and run B and vicea versa.

sunco
01-07-2010, 05:47 AM
What about the over 48 , 202 days , 15 minute class ? :D or am I gonna have to follow up behind all those kids in the C class :(

dan harris
01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Sunco there will definately be a vet (30plus) class and a senior (40 plus ) class.

Kxrida, Any c classes I run will be for first year riders! You can't run C, you've been here plenty of times. B class is for the average rider racer! A class is for the really fast guys ! I probally won't call the classes A-B-C, it will be more like 1st year rider, intermediate and Advanced! That way if someone is sandbagging in their ama events, I can still make them run a more advanced class here without it affecting their ama standing.

I'd like to see the first year rider class to be truly that, riders that have been on a quad less then a year! The intermediate or sport class would be for your average rider, and beginner racer. This class would have a wider range of skill levels. The advanced class or racer class is for fast B and A racers and advanced riders. I consider myself an A quad rider. If you come up here on a quad and race with me, clearing all the jumps and challenge me - then don't expect to run the sport/intermediate class!!!

I'll have a list of the classes that I hope to run, but again you can't run 20 classes with 50 racers! Big rider turn out at these events is what will lead to more class opportunities.

I'm getting alot of positive feedback concerning the 4 race series we are having, and expect to have great turn-outs. I believe most racers will be able to find two classes they can run.

Also keep in mind our race series are all on holiday event weekends, which are a great time to camp out at the park, or better yet to RENT AN AIR CONDITIONED CABIN!

KXRida
01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I see I see. That would make it pretty fair. I haven't been to the the grounds in a few years to ride, so I'll have to sneak down and get some laps in if I plan on racing.