PDA

View Full Version : Laeger Swing Arm $$$39$$$$ powder coat black

BuDDy L
12-15-2009, 08:49 PM
What else do i need to get this to fit my 89, originally, well whats on there now, is a stock swingarm thats been welded several times, picked this up thinking i got a good deal. Unofortunately, im not part savvy and have no clue where to go about from here, what else do i need to purchase to get this baby and and get riding, thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190356654261&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

250Renvy
12-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I was going to bid on that because it was so cheap, but I don't need it.

It's an 89 style so all you'll need is some new bearings in the front and she should be good to go. You can add a banshee style chain guide, but otherwise everything fits.

BuDDy L
12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I was going to bid on that because it was so cheap, but I don't need it.

It's an 89 style so all you'll need is some new bearings in the front and she should be good to go. You can add a banshee style chain guide, but otherwise everything fits.

where should i get the bearings in the front and banshee style chain, ebay? if so, like i said im not too savvy with parts, can you link me to it, thanks for the quick response, ya thats what i said its cheap for a laeger, especially when i have a 9 time welded stock one on right now lol, but ya if i could get some links to those parts i need, much appreciation, im gonna be madd if its not a laeger! :)

atv fan 28
12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
i usually try and keep thoughts to myself but for some reason this time i cant! but how can someone lie to us about something and then come on here and ask for advice!!? i know alot of people on here would be willing to help you, but after that little BS thread you have lost alot of people willing to give you good info! thats all i have to say!

Saul76
12-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
i usually try and keep thoughts to myself but for some reason this time i cant! but how can someone lie to us about something and then come on here and ask for advice!!? i know alot of people on here would be willing to help you, but after that little BS thread you have lost alot of people willing to give you good info! thats all i have to say!

well - the kid keeps deleting any threads that bring it up. So I'm guessing not everyone knows what he did.

I still think it was a POS move on his part and only wish the thread woulda lived to see epic fail proportions.

312R1
12-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Saul76
well - the kid keeps deleting any threads that bring it up. So I'm guessing not everyone knows what he did.

I still think it was a POS move on his part and only wish the thread woulda lived to see epic fail proportions.

Ok what did I miss?? Are ya'll talking about the 88R that he said he got for something like $1250? If so what ever happened?

Thanks,
Steve

red88r
12-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 312R1
Ok what did I miss?? Are ya'll talking about the 88R that he said he got for something like $1250? If so what ever happened?

Thanks,
Steve

I don't know what all happened but I see he removed the 88 out of his signature too!

destey
12-16-2009, 05:36 AM
nothing says childish like bulletin board drama

cdrookie
12-16-2009, 09:25 AM
after he was punked for posting the pics from ebay he admitted that he didn't own it and it was all a "joke":rolleyes: it does take balls to even show back up on here, i'll give him that.

oh, he was talking smack to some raptor owners in another section and posted a pic of a 250r that wasn't even his...

troybilt
12-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BuDDy L
What else do i need to get this to fit my 89, originally, well whats on there now, is a stock swingarm thats been welded several times, picked this up thinking i got a good deal. Unofortunately, im not part savvy and have no clue where to go about from here, what else do i need to purchase to get this baby and and get riding, thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190356654261&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

BuddyL just go to service honda and search thru the microfiche there to find the bearings you need. The banshee chain guard you can go to ebay and find some stuff. But if you want new try T.M. Designworks, just google it. Pretty much all aftermarket swingers use the banshee chain guards. You'll need the front slider too, total you be looking in the ~100 range for the slider kit new, maybe more, cause I need one myself. There is some cheaper stuff on ebay, but may not last as long.

BTW I'm not going to harp on you cause, I think you've figured this out by now, but a word of caution, this is probably the last place to try an BS someone on 250r's, even if you are just "joking", there are dudes on here that no WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than I do, and take this stuff as seriously or more so than I do. Not to mention I've got at least 1000+ images of 250r's stored on my harddrive over the years...

Goodluck to you. Troy

BuDDy L
12-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
BuddyL just go to service honda and search thru the microfiche there to find the bearings you need. The banshee chain guard you can go to ebay and find some stuff. But if you want new try T.M. Designworks, just google it. Pretty much all aftermarket swingers use the banshee chain guards. You'll need the front slider too, total you be looking in the ~100 range for the slider kit new, maybe more, cause I need one myself. There is some cheaper stuff on ebay, but may not last as long.

BTW I'm not going to harp on you cause, I think you've figured this out by now, but a word of caution, this is probably the last place to try an BS someone on 250r's, even if you are just "joking", there are dudes on here that no WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than I do, and take this stuff as seriously or more so than I do. Not to mention I've got at least 1000+ images of 250r's stored on my harddrive over the years...

Goodluck to you. Troy

thanks for the help

BuDDy L
12-16-2009, 01:33 PM
seller just sent me a request to cancel the sale on the auction...his reason: sold to another person, i declined that and explained to him "Legally" i own that item, when an auction goes through on ebay, your are legally bound to buy and sell that item unless it is agreed upon both parties, how can you put something up and then sell it to someone else, BOGUS if you ask me...

250Renvy
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I figured something like that would happen. People should just use reserves. He obviously doesn't want to sell it for $36. I wouldn't either, but I would have used a reserve or buy it now only option.

01shee
12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
They don't have to sell it to you. I just went through this. Although the guy finally sold me the quad after i went out and bought a motor. Also i just sold a LRD big bore pipe for $36 I was kicking my self for not putting a reserve on it. Oh well

Lasher
12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks god that is not the going price! I will be selling my Laeger swingarm soon and it is worth a lot more than $36! At least I hope...

Saul76
12-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Karma has a funny way of working itself out.

86 Quad R
12-16-2009, 03:43 PM
as my old saying goes.... "it'll come out in the warsh"

312R1
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
All I have to say is...it is what it is.

I had a set of long travel custom axis shocks on there and they only went for $400..I took a risk and lost on that item, but **** happens.

Things would be alot different if it was parts off my Laeger..there would be a reserve!

BuDDy L
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
ya i mean i would have no problem with the guy putting a reserve on it saying you know i want xxx.xx dollars for it but he didn't, if all else fails local authorities ftw because i think ebays customer support suks

BuDDy L
12-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
Thanks god that is not the going price! I will be selling my Laeger swingarm soon and it is worth a lot more than $36! At least I hope...

lol so im taking it i got a good deal on it lol

Saul76
12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
if all else fails local authorities ftw because i think ebays customer support suks

LMFAO @ 'local authorities' - if you think you will get police involved in an ebay dispute and win then either A. You haven't ebayed much before or B. You're between the ages of 12 and 16.

Let us know when the swat team busts down this deadbeats door - grabs your swingarm and delivers it to you with a kiss on the cheek! Take pics please (your own pics mind you - not random pics stolen off the net)

Kids these days. :D

BuDDy L
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
LMFAO @ 'local authorities' - if you think you will get police involved in an ebay dispute and win then either A. You haven't ebayed much before or B. You're between the ages of 12 and 16.

Let us know when the swat team busts down this deadbeats door - grabs your swingarm and delivers it to you with a kiss on the cheek! Take pics please (your own pics mind you - not random pics stolen off the net)

Kids these days. :D

i don't mean getting the swing arm...im talking about money, what hes did is sold an item that is "legally" mine now, and yes i do not ebay much

Saul76
12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
i don't mean getting the swing arm...im talking about money, what hes did is sold an item that is "legally" mine now, and yes i do not ebay much

You had better open a dispute with paypal cause I don't think that guy is sending you that swingarm.

And I doubt your local police will even 'look into it' as you think they will.

BuDDy L
12-18-2009, 02:34 PM
You had better open a dispute with paypal cause I don't think that guy is sending you that swingarm.

And I doubt your local police will even 'look into it' as you think they will.

Update: He's shipping me the Laeger Swin Arm Today...Thank god I hate having to be a taddle tale or things of that sort, "He's not doing this!" thats stupid, theres no need for it, thanks for your help on the parts needed

250rPRIDE
12-18-2009, 03:06 PM
OMG!!! imagine that buddy bought a item, then woops! he cant get it and hes calling the police, and now hes getting it again!! and it was shipped but on the way to your house a big eagle swooped down and flew off with it... dang!!!

i thought you would have won this swinger for $12.50 :D

goodluck with it buddy i hope it works good for whatever you want to put it on.

BuDDy L
12-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 250rPRIDE
OMG!!! imagine that buddy bought a item, then woops! he cant get it and hes calling the police, and now hes getting it again!! and it was shipped but on the way to your house a big eagle swooped down and flew off with it... dang!!!

i thought you would have won this swinger for $12.50 :D

goodluck with it buddy i hope it works good for whatever you want to put it on.

I don't understand any of the sarcasm you used in the first 2 parts, i only understand the last part, and thanks for the support man, if i need more i help i create another thread

jbltz450
12-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Where is is $1250.00 88? Did you give it back to the museum where you took those pics?

BuDDy L
12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by jbltz450
Where is is $1250.00 88? Did you give it back to the museum where you took those pics?

cmon guy its getting old...really...

Saul76
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
cmon guy its getting old...really...

Be thankful, very thankful that you're only getting a small amount of flack and sarcasm - I've been on car forums where people got ran off or banned for stupid stunts like you 'tried' to pull.

How old are you anyways?

BuDDy L
12-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Be thankful, very thankful that you're only getting a small amount of flack and sarcasm - I've been on car forums where people got ran off or banned for stupid stunts like you 'tried' to pull.

How old are you anyways?

be 19 soon

01shee
12-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Im about done with ebay. Just won a front brake set up for 1.25 didn't really need it but heck for that price ill take it. Just recieved a request to cancel the transaction from the seller. I can't stand these low lifes

BuDDy L
12-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 01shee
Im about done with ebay. Just won a front brake set up for 1.25 didn't really need it but heck for that price ill take it. Just recieved a request to cancel the transaction from the seller. I can't stand these low lifes

see man, its really dumb, if sellers want a certain amount, dont start at a penny or 99c start at the minimum you want what the buy it now should be, or even a reserve price, it really is a waste of everyone's time. good luck getting it, decline it, pay for it, and just wait a few days, good luck

01shee
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Yea i declined and already paid. Will see what happens.