PDA

View Full Version : 04 pred for an 07 400ex?

mmbintn
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking about trading my 400 for a 500 pred. The pred has been punched out to 515 and setup for gncc style racing (shocks a-arms and axle) it has cams too. My 400 is running 11:1 with a full exhaust and stage 2 hotcam.
I am wanting more power and had planned on boring the 400 this winter. Is it worth it? I know nothing about polaris quads. Thanks, Micah.

exracer416
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
i have both quads, heres what you should ask yourself. the 515 will produce more heat, run the risk of overheating, do you wanna deal with that? the 400 outhandles the pred, but then again i have long travle on the 400, a god bore and setup will make you happy with the 400 and youll lose reverse. my .02

birdman7389
12-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by exracer416
i have both quads, heres what you should ask yourself. the 515 will produce more heat, run the risk of overheating, do you wanna deal with that? the 400 outhandles the pred, but then again i have long travle on the 400, a god bore and setup will make you happy with the 400 and youll lose reverse. my .02

Heat and overheating? Two pretty weak excuses for not wanting the Polaris.

Really though, sounds like you should keep what you have. Who knows what abuse someone elses machine has seen.

FiveTwentyFive
12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm with the birdman on this one.

:)

mmbintn
12-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I've decided to keep mine as I have had it since new and know it in and out. Thanks everybody

exracer416
12-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by birdman7389
Heat and overheating? Two pretty weak excuses for not wanting the Polaris.

Really though, sounds like you should keep what you have. Who knows what abuse someone elses machine has seen.

well if he plans on racing heat and overheating would deff. be something i would consider, i do like my pred and plan on keeping it and running it at a few of the faster tracks in our series, and the plastics are unk on the pred but i guess that applies to most manufactures as well. my sister pretty much trashed mine at the last race, oh well its only money right!! haha oh and the temp light was on most of her 30 minute race cause she ripped the cooland overflow bottle off the radiator and still finished second so theres a little info for ya, but weighing the options, the oem polaris stuff is cheaper quality wise on the pred and thats why i run my 400 more, yes i have aftermarket a=arms and stuff on the 400 and thats because they're more readily available, and thats what it comes down to, is availability

katch26
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I dont even know what a 515 is but I can tell you with that small of an overbore you shouldnt have any problems with overheating on a liquid cooled bike. I would trade in a second but the pred would have to be 05+, 04 for an 07 is a bad trade for you. Ive got both a 400 and a pred and the pred hands down is better all the way around BUT it is heavier and if I was a smaller guy the 400 would probably fit me better.....the 400 is better in the tight stuff. The pred comes xc width better shocks stronger motor, reverse, liquid cooled etc etc.