PDA

View Full Version : National North South Challenge Schedule

bulldogfallon
12-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Great work guys...the voices were heard!!!

http://www.atvmotocross.com/articles/1846_2010-north-and-south-challenge-announced

DAVYS DAD
12-16-2009, 04:53 AM
:D :D ;)

Hetrick Racing
12-16-2009, 05:18 AM
I already had some complaints called to in to me,
One of the questions I have been trying to answer is why is STEEL CITY on the SOUTH schedule
I dont have a problem with it but some people do.But Im from the North

Coley'sdad#8
12-16-2009, 05:21 AM
looks pretty cool but the last time I looked @ my map PA was in the north and not the south. I feel you all did a good job getting this organized and presenting it with some good results.:D
So many things in life just make you feel like your whizzing in the wind trying to get something done or heard so this is a good accomplishment.

bulldogfallon
12-16-2009, 05:34 AM
I think we should be thankful that the voices were heard and changes were made.

The promoters are trusting us...

Let's be happy that we got these changes...

2011 can be even better if we back up our requests with attendance and gratitude....

coffing918
12-16-2009, 05:42 AM
maybe they didnt have enought south races and there were 2 in PA so they just used one of them for a south race ? Im just guessing here.

Hetrick Racing
12-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Like I said its all good with me I live here takes me about 1 hr to get to steel city.
Guys from Fla that cant afford to run the Nats though will have to drive 20 plus to race all 6 to get an award...The promoters still get that bottom line

quadrider79
12-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. But if a rider goes to all 10 races. There is a chance that ONE rider can win all three championships. National overall, North title, and the South title.

DAVYS DAD
12-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Good point:confused:

quadnana7
12-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Sounds like the Triple Crown Award has just been created!!!
Time to start sending emails to Sam

dblacks
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
doesnt make sence to me that it is part of the south, But what other race on the north schedule can be swapped out....doesnt look like they had an option but use the closest track to the south.

It would be closer from maine to get to Steel City then Minnesota.

More then likely our NEATV schedule will conflict anyways so we would be ablt to run all 6.

edwardsp&b
12-16-2009, 09:07 AM
it is real nice that our voices were heard. honestly, i didnt think there would be a snowballs chance in hell that anything would get changed. congrats to all who wrote, and called. now if march would just come on and get here!!!!!!
bryan

Logan #34's Dad
12-16-2009, 09:15 PM
OKAY Fellas, I've got to sound off on this a little.
The structure states that a rider must attend ALL six to be eligible for that divisions awards. I contacted the AMA-ATV people and she reiterated that a rider MUST attend ALL six races.
I think this is absolutely dumb! So, what they are saying is, if a rider wins 5 races and can't get to the sixth he will be beat by a rider who finishes 10th at ALL six races. That makes NO sense. I believe that will hurt the turnout (and thats what this was meant to help - more riders in this tough economic times). SO, if we dnf at four of the six races we will finish ahead of the ones that did not attend all six? Again, dumb.
Why not add whatever accumulated points earned in the six races together and that be that division finishing order? I recall some people saying they may be able to chase one of those titles instead of the complete National title. Now, if they miss one of the first couple or know they can't make one of the six - why bother going at all. Again, hurting numbers AND the reason for the North/South series.
If you agree with me, please e-mail the AMA-ATV and voice your opinion. It is a simple press release for them to make or to clear things up. AND, we are not talking about just mini's, it's all classes.
I believe the idea is doomed before it begins. Then they are gonna say "I told you so".
Rocky Dusenberry

Coley'sdad#8
12-17-2009, 06:38 AM
I agree with Rocky on this, I feel that the series should be based on no less than 4 mandatory races attended. Most series have at least one dropped race or dropped score anyway, this gives a window for some uncontrollable events i.e. family matters, weather ect. And I was not aware this was not based on cumulative points but that is definately how it needs to be so you are awarding by finishes and not just by who attended all six races and paid their $12,000.00 for trips. JMO

tntauto1127
12-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Like was said, this series is a good idea. After some thought, I think a couple simple solutions to the questions could be put in place. 1. When you go to the first race you have to declare which series you wish to be your main series, north or south. This will prevent 1 kid from winning both. 2. Add the points for the series to determine the champion with the mandatory 6 race participation removed. 3. add the total points for all of the races attended (both North and South series)to determine the national champion. With these in place, families can go to as many races they can afford and still have the chance to place for the year end standings. Those who chose to go to all races will have a better chance for the National title. Of course these are just my thoughts.

As far as emailing the ATVA, maybe we should do like we did when the topic of the 50prod cvt class came up. Figure out exactly what everyone wants and everyone email the same thing. That will be more effective than random emails that are kinda alike.

quadrider79
12-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by tntauto1127
Like was said, this series is a good idea. After some thought, I think a couple simple solutions to the questions could be put in place. 1. When you go to the first race you have to declare which series you wish to be your main series, north or south. This will prevent 1 kid from winning both. 2. Add the points for the series to determine the champion with the mandatory 6 race participation removed. 3. add the total points for all of the races attended (both North and South series)to determine the national champion. With these in place, families can go to as many races they can afford and still have the chance to place for the year end standings. Those who chose to go to all races will have a better chance for the National title. Of course these are just my thoughts.

As far as emailing the ATVA, maybe we should do like we did when the topic of the 50prod cvt class came up. Figure out exactly what everyone wants and everyone email the same thing. That will be more effective than random emails that are kinda alike.

So with this said a rider could win a National title and either a North or a South title NOT all three???
IMO. This North, South series is gonna be very interesting and confusing.

Logan #34's Dad
12-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Some good ideas above, but, it should not be difficult.
Run whatever races you want and whatever races are set to be North or South get totalled for that division winner.
Same for the National Championship.
If I run 4 North races then I get those points and finish whereever I end up. Again, same as National Championship. If I run 7 total Nationals i'm not disqualified from the year end awards right?
Sure would be cool to get a triple crown!