PDA

View Full Version : ELKA Shocks (opinions)

mxpimp2000
12-15-2009, 07:30 PM
voice your opinions on elka rear shocks with the elka linkage. im looking at one to buy and i havent heard anything good about it yet so the way it looks i wont be getting it unless someone persuades me differently

duffman1483
12-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I had the front and rear elka and I also ran their linkage. I was not thrilled for the money I spent and what performance I got out of it. When the box first came from elka the bolt for the rezzy was leaking, so back to Elka and 3 more weeks without a quad. Then after countless hours of dialing the shock in, I was still not blown away. For the money my buddy ran axis shocks which were awesome, but for my new yfz450r I'm using Fox all the way around and can't be any happier.

Scro
12-16-2009, 10:09 AM
They're just like any other Elka product. If you send off the shock to someone that knows what they are doing, they can be made to work fairly well.

Ex_Rider43
12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
They improved some things since a couple of months , i know that they are not waht they used to be since 1 or 2 years. The new factory shocks will be great and more affordable .

reconmaster
12-16-2009, 07:01 PM
i bought used elkas this year got them rebuilt and for the most part work great for me. just have to dial them in a lil bit much smoother than stock my rear i haven't had to touch on adjustments yet

TNT
12-16-2009, 07:13 PM
We had two pair since 04/05 YFZ450 have rebuilt couple times each but we have got a year out of them before overhaul no complaints there and the company, John ATV rep has always been polite and more than willing to help....No where near our DS-PEPS but not bad. I'm more impressed and interested in what AXIS and FOX is doing seems to me they are moving along in technolgy and developing the air design. I think the coil will become obsolete in time as automated shocks take over, such as we see axis doing with that hole shot air system....pretty impressive!

mxpimp2000
12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
i just bought a Elka elite dual rate rear shock pretty cheap and i was wondering if i would be notice a good amount over the stocker i was running?

if i send it to laz at GTT can he make this shock perform better or build me a linkage for it?

adrenalinjunky
01-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I have the elka rear with the LT link and it is much better than stock. Plush and really smoothes out the ride.

ZSNOW
01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
ive been running elka for 4 years, always dealed with John and never a complaint, the shocks always worked great and if i ever needed anything changed (as i got more aggresive) they were right there ready to change it. im running Factory Shocks on my ltr now and couldn't be Happier:)