PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Brute Force 750 2008 4x4 will not engage!

zachfean
12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi my name is Zach and here is my problem:
I had an incident, and had a stick slice through at least one wire that led to the actuator! My dads an electrician and did his best to put them back a professional way. The 2x2 and 4x4 flash back and fourth by a .5sec time interval.... Looked it up the actuator in the hand book. What we did after was unplug the battery and try and reset it and still no luck! Also the belt light has been on... bought a new $100 belt replaced it, and the light is still on......... Could it be linked to the 4x4 problem because of the ATV's main brain craping out. Another theory was that the stick pulled or disconnected some wires inside of the actuator (haven't tested yet) If anyone knows whats wrong please reply asap, I have a snow plowing business and snows coming very soon.:devil: And is the belt faulty light kawi's liability or mine because it cost me a $100 out of my pocket.

gregorw_99
12-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Read the other post below about the 4wd not working. The 4wd, belt light and the engine brake are all tied together and are controlled by the smaller black box under the seat.

zachfean
12-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by gregorw_99
Read the other post below about the 4wd not working. The 4wd, belt light and the engine brake are all tied together and are controlled by the smaller black box under the seat.
Which one?

gregorw_99
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
The one titled "brute force issues...need help asap!! no 4wd" This may not fix your problem but it is a very good place to start and can also alleviate future electical problems.

zachfean
12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by gregorw_99
The one titled "brute force issues...need help asap!! no 4wd" This may not fix your problem but it is a very good place to start and can also alleviate future electrical problems.
Already checked it out not the problem, i really need to know if kawi will cover it under my extended warranty because it looks like it has to do with the brain

chucked
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
IF you did the damage it will not be covered under warranty. But the belt light being on is probably because of the switch under the belt cover. It needs to be facing the rear of the bike.